Ya Boi

Maddy

I'm not typically one to complain about a party. I'm the kind of girl who gets excited about school dances because my friends are going. The ball would have been no different I weren't so tired. We just fought a freaking demon! Why can't we just get some sleep?! If I didn't get sleep soon, I'd start going into energy saving mode which seems to consist of many 'ya bois' and 'that yungs,' and I could guess no one wanted to deal with that.

Life and Death ended up forcing us to go, which earned them lots of moans and groans.

"Oh, calm down," Life said. "It's not the end of the world."

"I'd be very busy if it was," Death said with a small smile. "Now please, do try to enjoy yourselves." With that we found ourselves standing in an elegant room with marble floors and pillars, crystal chandeliers, and gold plates with small finger foods on them.

"Food," is all Sara said before we began our walk to the elegant table. As we reached the table, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Keanu," I said after I turned around to face him. He was still about an inch taller than me even with the two inch heels that came with the dress (which I did not appreciate at all). I was a bit confused because I didn't remember him being that much taller than me, but I chose to ignore it for now. "What's poppin'?"

"What's poppin'? What in the world are you saying?" He asked.

"What's poppin'," I said to let him know he didn't hear me wrong. "It means what's up."

"Okay then," he said, accepting my madness. "I'm grabbing a sandwich. What are you up to?"

"That yung chocolate chip cookie looks great," I said, catching Sara's attention.

"Is she saying crap that makes no sense?" Sara asked as she came over and handed me one of the beautiful cookies. "She only says that stuff when she's tired or has insane amounts of energy."

"So every second she's awake?" Amber laughed as she and Adhya walked over to our little group. I didn't get the chance to respond because my friend's partners came over at that moment.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything," Jared said politely.

"You're not," Adhya said, looking up to see his face. "Maddy was just saying random stuff again."

"It's not random," I defended. "I only use it in context."

"I'm pretty sure there's no context to anything you say," Sara said.

"You're like a random thought generator," Amber said. Griffin groaned at that comment.

"Not another one," he complained.

"Keanu says the most random things," Adam said, "but he won't just stop after we point out how random it is. He feels the need to explain how it's not random." My friends gave me a pointed look causing the boys to laugh.

"They'll understand each other well," Jared said with a smile.

"Some one understanding Maddy?" Sara asked. "That'll be a first."

"Ha ha, very funny," I replied sarcastically.

"Jared?" I turned towards the voice to see four people walking towards us? "We were-" The girl who was speaking stopped when she saw us, and I tears beginning to form when I saw the pale red head who was so close to my height. I really did start crying when I noticed the insanely thin girl with dirty blond hair, tan skin, and purple glasses standing next to her.

I took a shaky breath before tentatively asking, "Kathryn? Madi?" The two broke into huge grins before I felt myself get squished into them. I realized Sara, Adhya, and Amber had created a group hug, and I had been caught in the center. I wiggled around, trying to escape. I gave up quickly, as thy only tightened their grip.