"What is it?"

Killian gulped. "Dragon." he said. Emma,instead of acting shocked or scared, groaned.

"Just one day! That's all I want!" she screamed at the dragon, who was rapidly getting closer. Emma groaned and pulled out her gun, taking aim at the dragon. Killian unsheathed his sword. Emma squinted at the dragon, it looked surprisingly familiar. Then, she realized that she knew this dragon. It was Lily. Emma put away her gun and Killian shot her a confused
look.

"It's Lily." Emma told him, "She won't hurt us. Killian lowered his sword, but didn't put it away they watched as Lily flew closer. She was almost right over the ship now, Dragon-Lily let out a earspliting roar, a few sparks jumping out of her mouth. One caught on the ship, but neither Emma nor Killian noticed it, they watched Lily fly away and land behind and building and disappear. Emma stared after her for a moment before she felt something hot prick her neck. She jumped and spun around, startled, and found herself face to face with a wall of fire. Emma let out a startled cry and tried to douse it with her powers, Killain, who was screaming "My ship! My ship!", had grabbed a bucket and was dumping seawater on it. But it was dragon fire, and wasn't put out easily. He had spilled a little water on the deck and in his haste to get more, he slipped and fell, hitting his head on the railing.

"Killian!" Emma cried out, trying to reach him, for the flames we're getting dangerously close to his unconscious body. But it was to hard to run to him and try and put out the fire. She she closed her fists, extinguishing her powers, and leaped through the flames to him. Emma grabbed him with some unknown strength and slung him over her shoulders, running back out of the flames, ignoring the burning on here arms and legs. Emma made it down onto the dock before she started coughing. She had breathed in too much smoke and her vision was going hazy, the last thing Emma saw, was Killian, groaning and sitting up before her world went black.

Killian blinked his eyes open with some difficulty and was immediatly met with an intense throbbing in his head. He blinked a few more times and sat up, his head spinning. The first thing he saw was his beloved ship, up in flames and then events came rushing back. Where was Emma? Killian looked around wildly before spotting her, slumped to the ground. He rushed over to her and shook her lightly.

"Emma!" He yelled, shaking her harder. Killian reached into her coat pocket and grabbed her cell phone. Emma had just taught him how to use it and quickly hit the 1 key, David's speed dial.

"Get to the docks quick, it's Emma." Was all he said before hanging up. Killian pressed two fingers to Emma's neck, searching for a pulse, it was there, but it was faint.

"Stay with me love," hr whispered, taking her hand in his.

It seemed like too long before David showed up. Smartly, he had brought an ambulance and the hospital workers swarmed around him and Emma lifting her up onto a gurney and checking her breathing and wounds. Not far behind the ambulance, was the sole Storybrooke police cruiser. David jumped out of the front seat, Mary Margauret close on his heels.

"What did you do to my daughter?!" David shouted at him, and before Killian could answer David struck him on the jaw.

"David!" Mary Margaret exclaimed, in shock that her husband would do something like that.

"Where is she?!" David ignored his wife and pointed an accusing finger at Killian's chest. He pointed at the ambulance.

"They've loaded her up already." he said feebly, his jaw was sore from where David punched him. David ran to the ambulance, jumping in the back just as they closed the doors and sped off.

"C'mon." Mary Margaret said, rushing off the the police cruiser. She hopped in the drivers seat and sped off, right on the ambulance's tail. They pulled up to the hospital, the car had barely even stopped before Mary Margaret and Killian had jumped out and ran inside. They dashed inside and were met my David sitting in the waiting room just inside the doors.

"How is she?" Mary Margaret asked him, Killian had explained what had happened on the drive over.

David didn't, answer just looked at his hands, which were bone white in his lap.

"Charming, is she okay!?" Mary Margaret asked a little louder, and that's when David broke down into sobs. One of the bravest men I knew was sobbing on the floor like a child. I knew something had happened.

"No." Mary Margaret's fave turned pale and s he collapsed into a chair beside her husband, clutching him tightly.

"There was nothing they could do." David began, sobs still racking his body, "She was barely clinging to life." No. No, David couldn't be saying what Killian thought he was. Emma couldn't be, no. Never. She was too strong for that, it wasn't possible.

"She's dead isn't she?!" Killian screamed and punched the wall, leaving a fist-sized hole. David didn't say anything, which was answer enough. The love his life was dead! She was gone! He was never going to get her back! And all because he tripped and fell! He was so bloody stupid! How could he let Emma die for him? Killian didn't remember leaving the hospital, but he found himself suddenly in the woods. He punched a tree in frustration and anger. There was a crack and then a sharp pain. But the pain felt insignificant next too what heartbreak he was feeling. Killian punched the tree again and again until his knuckles were covered in blood. And then Killian did something He hadn't done, not even when Milah died, he cried

Hey guys it's hugs4hook and Wattpad deleted this story for some reason, so I would really appreciated it if we could get it back to 2k reads again

~hugs4hook