Killer Flu

Amber's POV

"Joe!" I screamed as I frantically looked around my surroundings for him but he was nowhere to be found.

"Help! Amber!" My head shot to the left, towards the direction of where the voice came from. I hurried and gathered everything then bolted.

"Joe!" I shouted, beginning to hear groans as I came closer to a clearing.

"Amber!" I heard Joe's voice shout in the distance. Pretty soon he came into view but he was kneeling on the ground. I picked up my pace and when I came closer, I saw a man with a hood along with 2 other men with sleeveless shirts, surrounding Joe.

"No! Amber, don't come any-" Before Joe could finish his sentence, I was grabbed from behind and pushed to the ground, my face rubbing against the harsh grass.

"Don't touch her!" Joe yelled as he lunged forward but failed.

I gasped as my arms were being pinned down beside my head, and a knee on my back hurt like hell. I let out a few groans due to pain as a stick pierced into my right hip.

"Now, either you give us what you have, or, we kill the girl. You're choice, Joe." The one with the hood walked over to me and crouched down, sliding the knife up and down the side of my face.

"I'm not giving you anything." Replied Joe.

"Fine. The girl it is." The hooded man then raised his knife and was about to bring it down. I squirmed as hard as I could to get away from everything, until-

______________

I shook myself awake and found myself in my bed. I let out a breath of relief as I realized that it was only a dream from what had happened before.

I looked over the edge of my bunk and across the cell to find Daryl's crossbow gone, which means he was out somewhere, doing things. As I rubbed my eyes, I heard an alarm go off outside the cell.

"Carl. Carl. Come on." Someone whispered, Rick, I'm guessing as I pulled off the covers and sat up, swinging my feet over the edge. I was about to push myself off the bunk when the curtains to the cell opened to reveal Rick and Judith. I squinted due to the brightness from the other side of the curtain.

"Goodmornin." Rick said, alittle below his normal tone. I smiled at him, having him drop the curtain back down, returning the room back to its dark, grey color.

After I freshened up a bit, I put all my weapons in its place. My knife on my hip, my arrows on my back, and my bow in hand. Every morning, I walk around with my bow, if everything seems to be under control, I'll then set it at the end of my bed and then resume my day with my gun in its holster around my thigh.

After that, I opened up the curtain, shining some light into the cell and walked out into the cafeteria where I found Glenn, Sasha, Hershel, and a few others.

I shot Glenn a smile before walking outside and into the fields. I saw Rick and Carl down by the pigs pin, when the sight of the crowded fence by the gate caught my eye.

"Oh sh*t." I cursed under my breath as the fence began to bow inwards.

"Dad! Rick! Rob!" I shouted as I ripped open the gate that led to the pathway separating the two fences.