Why Superman is the Greatest Hero of All Time

Okay, so I've been reading a lot of hate towards Superman. I know why. People hate what the don't understand. People who hate Superman just know about his powers and such. You see, if you actually read his comics you'd know that he is the greatest hero and maybe even character of all time. Without Superman we wouldn't have any of the characters we have today. And Superman was the first real hero. He is the most important hero. We wouldn't have a Batman or Captain Amcerica or Iron Man without him. Many of you know that my favorite character is Batman Beyond and my third favorite character is Batman. This is coming from a Batman fanboy. Superman's story isn't a story about power. His story is about personality and a God living among men and trying to make life as perfect as he can for them. The fact that Superman has all this power and isn't a tyrant, shows that he is an amazing hero. The fact that he lets Batman, a human who is just a little stronger than the average man, beat him also shows that he knows how to control himself and after still is known as the great hero he was before. The fact that he still goes to visit his adopted mother  after a battle shows he's a caring and kind hero. I love Batman as a character but he's no where as great as Superman. Batman isn't a character who we would want to be in real life. Superman is. Superman is an icon, a legend. He is something that we should all strive towards to be. We may not be able to be as strong as him but if everyone in the world had the same personality as he did, the world truly would be perfect. Superman stands for always doing the right thing, with all his power. There's a reason why Superman's S symbol is the second most popular symbol in the world. It's because he'd the greatest hero of all time. Now I'm not say he has to be your favorite because the greatest hero doesn't have to be your favorite. But Superman undoubtedly is the greatest hero of all time and there is no reason why he should get all the hate he gets.