Chapter Three

"I know I can't take one more step towards you, Cause all that's waiting is regret..."

                                                                                               --Christina Perri, Jar Of Hearts.

Chapter Three.

Aiden Lee:

I froze, and when I say froze, I mean completely froze. It's not everyday your girlfriend tells you, that she's a lesbian-as hot as that sounded-I still didn't want to ever go through something like that. Alexis lowered her head so that her eye level met mine, her mouth was moving but I couldn't get what she was saying. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay people, it was just that Alex being a lesbian meant that it could have been the end of us and that was something that I couldn't bear.

'Aiden...?' Alex whispered my name, placing her petite hand on my cheek. 'please say something'

I still didn't know what I was supposed to say, I looked her in the eye. I opened my mouth to talk but a loud bang caused me to clamp it shut again, I instinctively held Alexis closer to me, turning around to look behind me. Luke was at the door again, nibbling nervously on his nails, I arched my eyebrow. 'She's lying..' Luke blurted out, coming into the room and heading towards Alex. 'Tell him the truth!-I can't deal with this alone!'

I turned to look at Alexis. 'Deal with what alone?' I fired at her. Alexis pouted and shrugged, before looking away. I guided her face by her chin to look at me. 'Alex, just tell me, please'I didn't want it to sound like I was begging but Alex and her brother were obviously hiding something from me, I'm not just talking a surprise party.

'Promise me you won't get mad...' Alex said, placing her hands on mine. I nodded, bracing myself for what she was about to say. She looked over at Luke before nodding slowly to herself, seriousness on her face. 'I'm...a werewolf' I looked over at Luke to see if he was in on this too, he nodded at me, I looked back at Alex again and she had the same serious look on her face.

I smiled at her and let out a small chuckle. 'Right,' I said, not believing a single word of it. 'Yeah, of course, you're a werewolf, Lexy,' But her straight face went right through me. 'Wait...you're serious?' I paused and looked at Luke. 'This isn't a joke?' he didn't say anything but his expression said everything. 'But-how...that doesn't make any sense. In order to be a werewolf, it has to be passed down through your genes and you don't have it in your genes' I searched her face for some kind of answer. 'Do you?'

 Alex got up off of the bed and started to pace the room, a sense of relief washed over me. At least she's not a lesbian My conscience smirked, also sighing in relief. 'I don't know, 'Alex started in a mumble before stopping and sticking her finger out. 'Maybe...maybe, Mom had the gene and she gave it to me'

'Don't you think Dad would've have told us if our mother was a werewolf?' Luke scoffed, closing the door behind him and sitting on the bed. Alex nodded to herself as if she was considering that thought and started to pace again. I stood up and caught her by the shoulders, her eyes meeting mine.

'You're making me dizzy,' I smirked, pecking her forehead. 'We'll go to my Grandfather's house and ask him now, we'll figure this out together'

Alexis smiled up at me, 'What would I do without you?' She grinned as she wrapped her arms around my torso, I chuckled and hugged her back.

'Eurgh..' Luke grimaced, getting up and leaving the room. 'Oh, Aiden, what about Paco and Sike?' Luke added, turning around.

I groaned and sighed. 'Tell them, I'll be right now-We're going to my Grandfather's house now to get this sorted out..' I left Alex to get changed while Luke and I went downstairs to greet Paco and Sike, I grinned at my pack brothers as I held out my arm for a one armed hug. Paco took my arm first and hugged me as did Sike. 'How have you guys been?' I asked them both, stepping outside onto the porch.