Chapter 4 - Did that just happen?

Author Message

Hey guys thanks for the support.
Especially since I disappeared for a while.

So I just have one question:

Does Zoey deserve to be with Lasey or not?

Lasey P.O.V

I love my bed. I love my bed a little too much. Its so confusing to my I had to pick all of the classes that start this early in the morning. I need more sleep.

“It’s great all of you choose chemistry as a subject, brave even but let me be clear here if you aren’t going to work hard you are going to struggle. This isn’t high school anymore as you must have noticed. So I will be pairing you off for your assignments. Please no volcanoes this is University.”

They keep repeating that part in every class I am sure by now that kids that were in highschool and didn’t do well wouldn’t be sitting here.

“Okay Richard and Payne over there. Lasey and Emily at the back …”

Piling my book on my desk I take out my notepad and start scribing a few ideas down. I like to get a head start on my classes since I have three extra classes.

“Hello I’m Emily Burn and you are?”The brunette girl with headphone hanging around her neck asks

“Oh hey I know who you are I’ve seen you around a lot, I’m Lasey Lane I guess we are partners.”I say shaking her hand

I see her looking over at what I am writing and takes out her pen circling one of my options.

“I did that one in high school it flopped of course but I think it would be a nice challenge if you want?”She asks putting the pencil behind her ear finally sitting in her chair

“Okay I guess we could.” I say smiling at her as she nods grinning in satisfaction.

“So you have seen me around huh?”

“Yes I mean I haven’t been looking out for you or anything I have just seen you coming to drama class and dance class when I walk home.”I say not making it a big deal because it really wasn’t I just knew that she was one of the main actors in most of the plays.

Actually I am surprised that she thought I wouldn’t know who she was considering her face is on everything poster around school asking students to join or to come see a show. That reminds me I should go watch a show some time.

“I have never seen you around here though? And don’t worry I don’t think you are some kind of stalker. Then again only a stalker who say they weren’t a stalker right? Damn you are a stalker.”She says seriously staring at me, feeling my cheeks heat up she starts chuckling and sticking out her tongue.

Ha I really thought for a moment there that I had freaked her out. It would be weird to spend the entire year with a science partner that thought I was stalking her.

“You haven’t seen me because I never really go out. Ever.”I say quickly hoping she wouldn’t laugh.

It’s not my fault really all through high school I was protected by my loser shield and nobody cared to invite me to anything. I assume it was because of my desire to be the schools radio presenter. I didn’t care what they thought in the end though. My dad was proud of me for it. The only time I had some sort of social life was when I was with Sam and Zoey. Of course that was just their friends that became mine.

“Why not you don’t like the people here? Your boyfriend don’t want you going out?”She asks turning her seat to face me

“I just don’t get along with most people. I’m super strange really.”I say making a silly face and making her laugh. She stared at me animatedly smiling “I bet I am more strange.”She says nudging me