Chapter 1: Hart Breakers

A/N: Can't believe I'm writing this, but yes, Hart is written that way since that's the main character and all her brothers' last name. Sorry about that, carry on.

I wrote this book ten years ago. I took it out of the platform but decided to publish it back. 

"Dalton. Why aren't you... Why aren't you talking anymore? Dalton."

"If they hear me, they'll hurt me."

"Who will hurt you? Who will hurt you, Dalton?"

"The man... with... fire... on his face."

"boo"

"Ah!"

"You should've seen your face!"

"Matthew Hart! You stupid idiot! You scare the hell out of me!" I yelled whilst hitting my all-most-choking-from-laughter brother on the shoulder with each syllable. Seriously, this boy is going to give me a heart attack!

"That's what you get for-"

"What the fuck?!" Jake burst through the door holding a spatula as a weapon. "What the hell's going on?!" he asked a little flustered and searching my room for a possible murderer.

"Jake, it's ok, hand me the spatula and no one will get hurt," Matty said with a serious expression trying very hard not to laugh at my other brother's weapon of choice.

"Oh my God! Jake, a spatula? What are you going to do with it? Spank the hell out of a burglar?" I asked a little amused, but still annoyed as hell.

Click."Oh man, this is definitely blackmailing material," Matty said whilst saving Jake's picture. Still mad at them, but will definitely ask him to give me a copy of it.

"Oh you're dead," Jake started to chase Matty trying to get his cell phone.

"Really? What are you going to do, spank me?" Matty asked in a feminine voice using one of my tables as a shield.

"If you don't shut up, this is going to be so far up your ass that I will be able to scratch your nose!" Jake kept shouting whilst circling the table trying to catch him.

That's enough, I got fed up with this. Here I was in the tranquility of my room watching a horror movie, which by the way I've missed five minutes off, and these two damn idiots came here to ruin it. I stood up, went to my bathroom, took the bag out of my trash can and then proceeded to fill it with water.

"Think fast!" They didn't even have time to reply when I threw them the bucket full of icy water.

My laughter didn't last long when I saw their long stern faces. They stood there looking at me, not even moving. Crap.

"Nate!!"I yelled at the top of my lungs running like the devil was reaching for my toes. With no use, unlike me, my brothers were freaking athletes. In matter of seconds they tackled me, one held my arms while the other straddle my legs.

"Don't you dare! Nate!" I kept shouting to no avail. My eldest brother wasn't coming to my rescue.

"Hmm, what do you think the proper punishment is dear brother?" Matty asked with a smug look on his face.

"Well, due to the fact that she has two offenses I'd say-"

"Wait! What two offenses? I only committed one!" I cut through desperately wondering what the other offense was.

"And scaring the shit out me doesn't count as an offense??" Jake asked with mock horror.

"Please, I'm so sorry guys. I promise I won't do it again, please?" If my sad puppy face doesn't help me now, I don't know what will.

"Brody!" Matty yelled.

"yeah," Brody answered from his room.

"Could you get the flour and some maple syrup?" An evil smile appeared on Matty's face.

"No, no, no!" Too late, I was already being carried down the hall. Suddenly, I heard the shower and I started to trash my arms and legs like a mad woman. This only caused Jake to hold on to my arms tighter and Matty to grip my legs harder.

"Brody! What the hell did I do to you?" I did not understand why my other brother was tagging along with the assholes' devious plans.

"Can't help it. It's like an involuntary reaction," Brody stood there with an amused expression while holding the flour and maple syrup.

"Ok, that's enough guys, let Emily go."

"Nate!" I couldn't think of a time where I was so grateful to see him.

"Hell no, she drenched us, she knows the consequences."

Seriously, so eager for payback Jake.

"Fine. But you'll have to clean up after yourselves, get ready and I don't have time to wait for you," Nate replied nonchalantly crossing his arms over his chest while leaning on the bathroom door frame.

Right. I forgot today's Friday and like every Friday night my brothers went out looking for their next prey. In case you are wondering, yes I have four older brothers. Before you start with the 'aw that's so cute, I wish I was her' you have no freaking idea of what you are talking about!

Living with not one, two, three but four brothers is like hell on earth. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers, but they are annoying as hell and what I dislike the most, players. I've lost track of every girl they've banged over the last few years. Oh, and by the way, don't judge my choice of words, it's a miracle I still act lady like...most of the time.

It's not easy for a seventeen-year-old girl to grow up with four men and no parents. Yup, here comes the drama. My parents were loving, caring, attentive, in fact, they were the perfect parents. It all went to hell when my momma was diagnosed with stage IV cancer, which meant there was not much to do. My father could not cope well with her loss and, being a doctor, decided to do an extensive research looking to find a cure for the disease that took her from us. I can't blame him for leaving. If I had the resources, I would've done the same without a second thought. So he moved to another state leaving my eldest brother Nate as my legal guardian.

We all still lived together because, aside from Nate, the rest of my brothers were too cheap and comfortable to leave yet. They were all currently going to their respective universities and working at the same time. I was the one left in high school with no social life whatsoever, because, yup you guessed it, my brothers were protective as hell!

~~~~~~~~

Don't know if anybody's actually reading this, but please don't hesitate to write a comment. :)

-Kim <3