Epilogue

One Year Later

Life was good, Clarke couldn't deny that. He proposed six months after they found each other again. Whenever Clarke doubted her place she looked at his mothers ring and she knew wherever Bellamy was, was where she belonged. She never knew how much she needed this small town, this life with Bellamy. She loved every single second of it. She never thought she would be a small town girl, then again she never thought she'd find Bellamy again either.

Octavia got her a job assisting the elementary art teacher. She failed to mention that the teacher was nine months pregnant and once she went into labor the school no long cared that Clarke didn't have a degree. She was covering the classroom and she loved her students.

They could make her laugh on her hardest days. They were all amazing in their own ways and she loved every day she spent painting and drawing with them.

It didn't hurt that Bellamy would volunteer to be the officer who walked through the school. He would come visit in his uniform and make her kids giggle whenever he kissed her. They loved him almost as much as he loved them. It was a sight to see since he had caught his sisters baby fever.

Ever since Octavia announced she was pregnant Bellamy talked about babies. He wanted one, but Clarke had to remind him often that they weren't married yet. Still it was nice to know they were on the same page. Clarke didn't mind imagining a mini Bellamy running around their house.

Bellamy was still amazed she was here with him. He was speechless when she said yes to his proposal. He took her into the center of town and once he got down on one knee everyone was watching. They all cheered when he kissed her, her answer had interrupted his question. Still that was the second best day in his life.

The first was the day she stumbled back into his life.

He couldn't stop himself in the mornings. He would wake up before her and just stare at her sleeping. She was still there beside him, asleep and wrapped up in his blankets. He would reach out and push her hair behind her ear. He couldn't love anyone the way he loved this woman.

Clarke always thought it was creepy when guys watched their girlfriends sleep. But it wasn't creepy when it came to Bellamy. He was cute, that crooked smile on his face as he blushed when her eyes found his.

Her mom finally came to visit them during Christmas. To Clarke's surprise there were no fights. They had s nice holiday, her mom even brought present for Octavia and Bellamy. She couldn't remember a time when her mother admitted she was wrong. But she pulled Clarke aside on Christmas Eve and told her she never should've made her choose between Bellamy and school.

Her mom could see how happy she was here. She knew Clarke needed this place, she needed a life that filled her completely. That life would always include Bellamy.

Clarke slipped her ring back on as she checked the time. She always wore the precious ring on her necklace at work so it didn't get lost. She rolled her neck as she stood up straighter, shivering in the cool air that filled the house. If they had any disagreements these days it was how warm to keep the apartment.

Clarke jumped when Bellamy slipped his hands around her waist. He pressed a kiss to her collar bone as she smiled, "I didn't hear you come in."

"Well good thing I didn't plan on murdering you then," he whispered as she leaned back against him. He always felt so good after working, like she had finally come home from a long journey.

She turned around in his arms and kissed him softly on the lips her fingers interlocking behind his neck. As she pulled away she took in a deep breath, "do you think it'll always be like this? That we'll always crave each other even after ten or twenty years of being together?"