Chapter 2

Bellamy took her to his sister. Bellamy thought the younger Blake could handle the tears better. After her breakdown Clarke had tried to hold herself together. It was too hard, but she didn't care by the time Bellamy pulled up to the apartment. Her tears were silent, but they were falling steadily.

Clarke opened the door before he turned the engine off, and took in a deep breath of air. There were so many things going through her head it was hard to concentrate on where she was. Bellamy walked around the truck, carrying her duffel bag. She looked at him grateful.

"Thanks," her voice broke. He walked ahead of her towards the first building and rang the bell.

Octavia pulled the door open quickly, "Bell?" She squinted at him confused, "what's wrong?"

Her eyes went to the duffel bag in his hands and he sighed, "I ran into someone today," his voice was soft and Clarke could tell he didn't know what else to say. He looked back at her, she was falling apart again, "I thought maybe you two would like a reunion too."

Octavia's eyes went wide. Clarke had never been close to his sister, but she had cared about her. They were closer in age then the two of them. Octavia didn't even think about it, she stepped out into the night and wrapped her arms around Clarke's neck.

"Clarke," she held her tightly, swaying slightly as she did. Octavia's hug was tight enough for her to realize her pieces were barely held together anymore. Clarke couldn't hold it in anymore, the sobs started to get bigger as she hugged her back.

Bellamy sighed, "I don't know what's wrong. She just fell apart on the way here," she heard the break in his voice, "she won't talk to me."

Octavia nodded, and pulled her into the warm apartment. Bellamy followed, putting her duffel bag down. Octavia let go of her and for a second Clarke felt awkward. She was imposing, she shouldn't stay here.

"I'm sorry," she said laughing nervously, "I've had a really long day. I hit Bellamy's truck by accident."

He grunted as his sister looked at him, "she pretty much wrecked her car. My truck took a beating, but she should be okay. She wasn't paying attention."

Clarke rolled her eyes, "they're called car accidents because they don't happen on purpose," she stressed the word.

Octavia squeezed Clarke's hand, "come on I'll show you the guest room and you can fight with my brother later. You look exhausted."

She was grateful for the younger Blake. She knew she didn't have to be nice to her, and she was surprised she was. Because she had broke her brothers heart and they were always a packaged deal. She was exhausted, she needed to stop thinking and sleep was the way to do that.

Octavia showed her to a nice room that was all made up. She sighed, wiping away more tears and thanked her, "do you think I could take a shower? I was driving for a long time."

"You don't even have to ask! Trust me it's fine, go take a warm shower and then we can catch up," she gave her a real smile and she thanked her again. Octavia left her to gather her clothes and then she went to the small bathroom. She could hear them talking, and she knew Octavia wanted to know why Bellamy brought her here.

The truth was he would've taken her to his place, but he couldn't handle the tears. They scared him more than Clarke did. She knew that, that's why she didn't ask to go with him. She was more confused than he was in seeing him. She had missed him, but she didn't think she would see him again. Not in this lifetime at least.

All her feelings were still there. But the pain of leaving him was fresh and came back as sharp as it was the day she drove away.

Clarke could also see he meant it when he said they weren't friends. He wasn't kidding when he mentioned the accident, and she knew he had every right to hate her. That didn't make it easier. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, her red eyes staring back at her. She looked like a mess.