The Nerve Of Him.

Start from the beginning

I wasn't going to let it happen again. I couldn't.

"Bye, baby." She whispered, her voice the sound of bells as she gracefully pranced to the room. Shutting it close with a small click.

"Come on, men."

Gage's silk voice with a steel coating ringed in my ear. And we were led to the office.

Where I was pushed to sit in my seat. I glared at Ethan, who sneered at my look.

Gage took his seat behind the desk. He propped his arms up, and clenched his fist, leaning his head onto his hands.

"Now, what the fuck is going on?"

"We found this girl while pratiolling, sir. We presume that she was Alpha Addison's daughter. We thought we'd take her back here, since we couldn't believe the scent coming off her."

My chest tightened, and my throat closed at the mention of my last name.

It felt like the once silk comforter that was draped around my body was torn away,

 The cold had wrapped around me, like a winter overcoat. Chilling me till I froze.

Oh god.

Did they know?

Did they know I had killed them?

Do I play dumb?

So many fucking questions, yet no answers.

"That's impossible, they were all killed off."

He shook his head, and even though he didn't know, I was still sitting on the edge of my seat.

"Your father flipped when he saw her, man. Wasn't he banging a chick from that pack, anyway?" One of the goons boomed, as if he wasn't afraid to speak to the Alpha in a inappropriate manner.

I craned my head to see who this brave bastard was, only to reveal a man with a patch of red flamming hair and dark brown eyes. He stepped forward, and took a bite from the green apple he tossed casually.

"Elli, you do know how fast I can get you killed off, yes?" Gage taunted, and leaned forward, a sadistic smirk plastered his features.

Man, did he look handsome when he was being mean.

Ray, focus.

"Did I ever tell you how good your hair looks today? No? Well, it looks fantastic."

'Elli' faked a smile, what a kiss ass.

I scuffed.

"Something you would like to say, beautiful?"

I cursed at myself for even making a sound. 

What the hell do I do?

Smile? Laugh?

Before I could even decide, I was grabbed roughly by the chin. And forced to face the rebellious red head.

"I said, got something  to say, beautiful?" He hissed at me.

I bit my tongue, trying to force myself not to say something along the lines of, oh, I don't know,

"Go fuck yourself."

Great job with keeping your mouth shut, Ray. Really.

He removed his hand from my chin, only to be gifted with a blow to the cheek.

My head snapped to the side, and my hair hung in my face.

My cheek stung, and so did my heart.

How the fuck could Gage let that happen? Why wasn't he sticking up for me?