I love you

Natsu's P.O.V

After arriving at Magnolia's Forest, we split up. Levy went with Gajeel, Erza with Jellal, Gray with Juvia. I went alone.

"Lucy!" I yelled, hoping she would respond.

Nothing.

I kept running forward. I really messed this up. I really messed up a chance with my best friend. What was I thinking? I don't love Lisanna. I've been blind all this time.

I don't wanna lose Lucy.

"Lucy! Please respond!" I yelled again.

Still nothing.

Lucy's P.O.V

"Lucy!" I heard. Was that Natsu?

I didn't shout back. I started running. I want Natsu to go away.

"Lucy! Please respond!" He was getting closer.

I kept running fast. I knew Natsu was faster than me. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. I might've not been paying attention, because I tripped over something. I fell down with a loud thud. I couldn't get up. I didn't care. I knew he was right behind me.

"Luce!" Natsu found me.

I didn't say anything.

"A-A-Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just go away."

"We were worried about you! I was scared... I was really scared about my best friend."

Natsu's P.O.V

Lucy slowly started to get up.

"Well... I'm fine." Lucy said.

"You keep saying that Luce." I replied.

"Maybe because I'm fine!"

"You're hurt!"

"I said I'm fine!"

Tears started to stream down her cheeks.

"I'm fine Natsu. I'm fine." Her voice started breaking.

"Your knee is bleeding." I said. "Please just come home."

"I don't wanna live with a jerk who thinks a kiss doesn't matter. It mattered to me Natsu."

"Well, I didn't know!"

"Of course you didn't. You're just someone who doesn't understand what
it's like to have a best friend and want something more with them." The tears were streaming faster now.

I walked closer to her. I cupped her face with my hands.

"Lucy, I love you. I thought I didn't, but I do. I don't love Lisanna. I love you Lucy."

Lucy was still crying. "N-N-Natsu..."

I hugged her tightly. She kept crying into my shirt.

"I'm sorry Lucy."

She looked up at me. We stared at deeply stared at each other for a while.

"Let's go home Luce." I said.

"I would like that."