~*~

                My mind was mostly preoccupied that morning with reflections of my dream. This was the second time I had had such an intimidate dream about Trenton. There had to be a psychological reasoning behind this, but I hadn’t the slightest idea of what.

                Erica took advantage of my silence, chatting away about whatever pleased her. I tried to tune in, but my thoughts overrode her words. She didn’t seem to care as much.

                As we walked down the hallway to lunch, I took notice that her stride was filled with my annoyance. She must’ve been ranting to me. Guilt plagued me that I hadn’t been listening to her like a good friend, but she would’ve noticed by now.

                “You’re such a tease.”

                Was I really a tease?

                I bit my lip, unsure if that was a good or a bad thing.

                “Taylor!” Erica flicked the back of my head.

                I turned towards her with wide eyes. “What?”

                “Get your damn food, let’s go. We’re holding up the line.” She rolled her eyes, moving down the lunch line.

                I glanced around, noticing just where we were. My thoughts had fogged up my mind so much that I hadn’t realized we were in line. Quickly, I grabbed a pizza and a drink, heading off to the cash registers to pay.

                Erica was already sitting at the table when I arrived. We were the first two there. She sat across from me, propping her feet up on the empty spot next to me. I took a small bite out of my pizza, chewing slowly.

                “But what should I do?” Erica asked, pouting slightly.

                “Huh?” I frowned, feeling a wave of guilt wash over me. Maybe I should’ve been listening to her earlier. I hadn’t the slightest idea the answer to her question, or what the question was about. I took another bite to stall.

                “Fits has just been… I don’t know, he’s different.” She shrugged solemnly. “We’ve always had a weird relationship, you know that, but it’s…”

                I nodded, pretending to have a full mouth.

                She continued.

                I forced myself to listen.

                “Don’t tell him any of what I’ve said today. I’d feel horrible. I just… I know this sounds kind of stupid, but I wish he’d just ask me to be his girlfriend or something instead of his booty call.”

                “I know how you feel.” I mumbled, staring at my food.

                “With Trenton?” She snorted, rolling her eyes, “Please, Taylor. That’s nowhere near the same thing as me and Fits.”

                I shrugged, “It’s as close as I can get.”

                “I appreciate it.” She said softly, “Here they come. So shut up, and never speak of this while they’re around.”

                I smiled, nodding, “You’ve got it.”

                She sat upright, planting her feet on the ground quickly.