And of course, that was before the massacre.

A soft smile appeared on her lips. "I've develop feelings for someone else."

Sakura choked on her green tea, while the other two kunoichi stared at her, shock plastered on their faces. Hinata turned a bright shade of red and hid her face behind her hands.

There was a pregnant silence between the four before Hinata was bombard with questions. At this point, Hinata wished for a hole to appear beneath her and just swallow her whole. Anything, just anything that could save her from this embarrassment!

Hinata was glad when they had stopped asking questions, only to realise that the occupants in the restaurant had gone silent. She lifted her gaze from her hands and looked for the cause of the silence. At the entrance stood a young dark haired man, with his hands shoved inside his pockets. His onyx black eyes scanned the restaurant and stopped when his gaze found hers. He walked towards her with his head held high; clearly ignoring the stares he was receiving.

"The Hokage request for your presence," he informed.

"H-hai," she replied in a daze and stood up abruptly, almost knocking her chair over. "Just give me a minute."

"Make it fast," he snapped and walked towards the exit. "I heard that the Hokage isn't a patient woman."

As soon as Sasuke was out of hearing range, Tenten stretched out her hand and gripped Hinata's wrist gaining her attention. "Promise me one thing, just be careful around the Uchiha, alright?"

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

You could hear the children's laughter and their chatter as you get closer to the Academy. And of course, the children are excited to go home. As they walked back to their homes, they would chatter excitedly how exciting their day was to their parents or any of their family who had come to pick them up.

It was not an exception to the boy named Sasuke. The victim for that day was his elder cousin, Uchiha Shisui. Usually Itachi would pick up Sasuke but unfortunately – in Shisui's part – Itachi had made an excuse to avoid it.

Shisui had brewed a plan in his mind for revenge by the time he arrived at the Academy.

The Uchiha scanned the playground for the familiar duck-butt hair – as he liked to call it behind Sasuke's back just for the kicks. As he was about to call out Sasuke's name, he stopped abruptly. To his shock, Sasuke was laying on the grass with a girl beside him, far from the other children, pointing towards the sky.

He blinked once, then twice just to be sure that he was not in some genjutsu. Since when Sasuke actually talked to a girl? As far as Shisui had lived and breathed in Konoha, Sasuke – and Itachi – avoided girls like a plague.

With the exception of Inuzuka Hana.

Shisui could only watched as Sasuke stood up and held his hand towards the girl, like a real gentleman – Mikoto's heart would swell with pride. The girl accepted his hand and he pulled her up to her feet. She shoved the younger Uchiha playfully – he must have said something embarrassing to her – before Sasuke bounded towards him.

"Shisui-san!" the boy greeted. "Where's nii-san?"

He reached down and ruffled the boy's hair. "He's a bit busy today. Now don't give me that look," Shisui said. "Ok, tell me who was that girl I saw you talking to." He looked at the girl over his shoulder. Interesting, he mussed, noticing the girl's pale eyes. The girl is a Hyuuga.