16 - White Dress

Magsimula sa umpisa

Like good members of the audience, we clapped when the lady said yes.

Wala pa ako sa main event of the day but with these scenes I've witnessed so far, parang pwede na akong umuwi.

Taking my time, I started to walk my way to Ang Bahay ng Alumni, the venue of the exhibit.

While walking, thoughts of would've-beens entered my mind once again.

Kung nag-yes ako noon, siguro meron ding proposal...

A grand one... Held in a big hall, with a hundred people in formal attire, only few of them I would really know. But they would all behave like they know me, and they'd be happy with the news of my marriage.

Everything would look perfect.

Because all of it would be staged.

I smiled bitterly.

Kaya ako, hindi na ako humihiling ng isang engrandeng proposal. Ang gusto ko lang... Yung totoo. Totoo sa puso niyang gusto niya akong pakasalan.

Haaaaaayyyyy

Kasalanan ng lugar at mga pangyayari ngayon kung bakit ako may drama outburst.

Finally, I reached the place. The building looked classic and modern at the same time.

It had a vaulted roof and there were large stained glass windows on both sides of the assembly hall. One can say that ample design consideration has been given to the natural ventilation and day lighting of the interiors.

I approached the registration table and gave my pass.

Before entering the hall, I looked to my right and saw the exhibit's poster.

"Light Meets the Dark...", I read.

As expected, a breathtaking setting welcomed me.

Photos were displayed in variation. Merong framed in glass, may printed in canvass and wooden framed, at merong printed in paper and delicately clipped on hanging strings.

But they had one thing in common. Every image was taken in the dark of night. It's the camera flash that captured life in each shot.

I should know, kasi nagawa ko na 'to noon. Di hamak na mas magaling lang sa akin si King Archer.

Kung wala kang suot na relo, aakalain mong gabi na dahil sa ibinibigay na emosyon ng mga litrato.

As I kept on looking at the pictures, one person came to mind. Ayokong aminin, pero siya at ang takot niya sa dilim ang naalala ko.

Sana pala, sinama ko yun dito. So that he would witness how beautiful things can be, even in the dark. Siguro, nawala ang takot nun.

I continued to walk around, smiling at every photo I pass by, until I reached the back of the exhibit.

I was surprised to see a small display of pictures. They're different from the rest because none of them had a dark background. The photos were actually taken in broad daylight.

Among them, one photo caught my eye. It's a picture of a corded lace and rustic silk ivory dress hanging on a tree branch.

I'm certain that any bride would be happy to walk on the aisle wearing this.