three

Jeonghan was strangely beautiful. He had dark almond eyes that squinted whenever he smiled and a long pointed nose that I just wanted to pinch everytime I saw it. He kind of resembled a Korean Michael Jackson, but I'd never tell him that.

Jeonghan's hair reached his shoulders by the time we had to leave high school. We were in our last year and soon I would be off to college. Seoul University of Performing Arts was waiting ever so patiently for me.

I was excited, but the campus was situated far away from my home so, I had to become a boarder. And that meant I had to leave Jeonghan behind. I knew the day would come sometime but I could never mentally prepare myself for saying goodbye to him.

Especially if it meant he still didn't know how much I loved him and how much I wanted to be more than just best friends.

It was the Saturday I was packing my clothes when Jeonghan rushed into my bedroom with tears brimming his beautiful brown eyes. I didn't ask him what was wrong because he was sensitive and looked ready to cry at any moment.

"My parents are fighting..." He whispered shakily, "I need you now..."

That was the first time he spoke to me about his parents, or even his home life. He was always so secretive about his family and, even though we were best friends, I had never been over to his house.

I quickly ran over to Jeonghan and embraced him in a comforting hug. I didn't speak and neither did he. He clung onto the bottom of my jersey and cried onto my shoulder. I had never seen Jeonghan that broken, which meant the fight between his parents must've been quite bad.

That was when I realized, Jeonghan may have been perfect on the outside but on the inside he was just as fragile as everyone else.

He pulled away, sniffling and rubbing his flushed cheeks dry. He muttered several apologies but I turned them down immediately. I told him to get some rest and I fetched him some hot chocolate while he snuggled up under the Pacman covers of my bed.

I rested down on the bed next to him and he finished his mug of steaming hot chocolate. He set the cup down on my nightstand before stating a few words I would never in my wildest dreams expect him to say;

"I love you Seungcheol, I want you to know that I always have and I always will."

I confessed back even though my heart was pounding against my chest and my mind still hadn't registered what just came out of Jeonghan's mouth.

A small smile appeared on his lips and he turned his head to face me. It all happened so quickly but soon enough, his small lips met mine. I lost myself in the kiss and let Jeonghan climb on top of me.

He straddled my waist, his hands securely hooked onto the fabric of my thin black sweater. My fingers grazed the sides of his waist as he dipped his head low to deepen the kiss.

Jeonghan stayed the night and I had to leave the next day. But at least I had that magical night to remember him by.