Sisa 11: Insomnia

Cheenie's POV

It's 12:04, well definitely it's midnight; yet, I can't sleep.

Nandito pa ko sa living room with Phoebe. May insomnia siya e. It's more like parang dinadamayan ko siya with her insomnia.

Hermes and Sam gave up and decided go upstairs. Di na nila kaya inaantok na daw sila.

"So your insomnia attacks for how many hours?" I asked Phoebe.

"I dunno. I'm always like this. I didn't bother knowing how many hours I stayed awake" she answered while waving her hands.

Kung di ko alam na root beer lang ininom namin pagka-kamalan kong lasing 'to.

"Alam mo Phoebe ang imba mo! Daig mo pa nakainom e!" I teased her, while munching potato chips.

"Sana nga lasing na lang ako. Para you will gonna slapped me to reality" she suddenly said, serious.

"Huh? I can't understand. At kung lasing ka nga bakit naman kita sasampalin ha? To bring you to reality? That's bvllsh!t Phoebe. I can't do that." I said, giving her a what-the-ef look.

"Imagine Cheenie, I stayed quite for about two freaking years, and yet I can't say it out loud, my unspoke feelings" she trailed off.

With that, I don't know really what to react.

"Why don't you just speak now? I always got your back. You can talk to me, you know?" I finally uttered.

"It's nonsense. He forgot everything about me.. about us. So why bother?" she blabbed.

"How can you say so? Is there a proof? Does it proven? Phoebe how will you know if you can't talk to someone. Di nga kayo nagkaroon ni Sei ng magandang closure e" I teed off.

She fell silent again, maybe she was shocked with my sudden outburst.

Nilapitan ko siya and engulf her a hug. She needs it.

"Cheenie hindi naging kami kaya walang closure at.. the last time Sei and I talk, he was so mad, even if he don't admitted that he's mad, I can see it in his eyes" she finally said between her sobs.

"Kaya nga Phoebe, to sort things out.. talk. You need to talk. I'm just here. My ears are always here, too." I said with a low tone.

She gently pulled away from our hug and spoke again.

"It was on our sophomore year, diba you guys noticed that there's something?" she smiled bitterly.

I nodded.

"Tama naman kayo pero... I rejected him. Di ko man lang siya binigyan ng chance. I don't want distractions. And diba for me having a boyfriend is a source of distraction. He agreed. But I didn't know what's on his mind that time, he just walk away" Phoebe confessed, she's still sobbing.

Kaya pala. Never nagkwento si Sei sakin. Ganun din naman ako sa kanya.

"Pero Phoebe, that doesn't mean na kinalimutan ka na niya. Baka that time he realize you need space and time. Kasi diba that time your studies are important to you" I said as I gave her the tissue box.

"No. He walked away that day. It's my fault Cheenie. I'm stupid." she said while wiping her traitor tears off her cheeks.

Di ko naman masabi na one sided lang sila kasi di ko naman alam nararamdaman ni Sei.

"Siguro kaya he let you kasi you both need to grow. And for you guys to grow, he has to let you go and accept what decision you've made. I know it's hurt but that's the mere fact, Phoebe" I said looking at her.

She's sniffing. Afterwards she calm down and racked her hair on the side of her ear.

"It's hurting me until now Cheenie but this time, I need to understand Sei" she uttered and smiled sadly.

"Let's just say there's a perfect time on everything. Just let him first. This time you need to give him space and time he needed" I said.

"Chivalry is dead" she mumbled yawning.

Huh? Chivalry is dead.

Baka nag-sleep talking lang.

After that emo talk, we fixed the sala set and go upstairs.

It's 3:37am now, lack of sleep.
I think all afternoon I'm on bed.

I think and I can see the actions of Sei when it comes to Phoebe that he still love her. Siguro hindi niya lang kaya sabihin kasi malaki yung sugat na iniwan nito, sobrang nasaktan si Sei.

Mabait si Phoebe.. She's a really nice and lovely girl and Sei was a family oriented good dude. They both don't deserved being hurt. They deserved to be happy.

I think I should know first Sei's side before I call for help with the gang.