•roadtrip•

(Aquantis' POV)
Today, all four of us were leaving for the wedding. We developed a plan that we'd all take turns driving my car, since it had more room, to the Guggenheim's place.

So far we were still packing our bags and making sure we had everything. I had already loaded my clothes into my trunk and was waiting for the others. I heard my phone go off and picked it up. "Hey, I'm finished could you come pick me up?"

"Sure, Scooter, I'll be there in a bit." I grabbed my keys and phone and headed over. One down, two to go.

Once I got there, Scooter was just coming out of his apartment with his bag. I popped open the trunk and got out of my car. He walked to the back and put in his bag with mine. The trunk closed and he came around the corner and gave me a hug. "I missed you."

"Scoots, you saw me like two days ago..?"

"So? Can I not miss my friend? And I thought I told you not to call me that."

"Well, you have nicknames for me, so that's my nickname for you."

"Fine, but only you."

"Alright." I heard a phone go off and Scooter reached into his pocket and pulled it out to answer. "Hello?....Oh ok. Yeah, we'll be right over. Is Valerie with you already?.....Alright see you." He hung up his phone and put it back in his pocket. "Was that Cubby?" I asked.

"Yeah, he wants us to go pick him and Valerie up now."

"Alright let's go then." We made our way to Cubby's place and saw him and Valerie on the stairs together. They were so engrossed in each other they didn't notice we pulled up so I rolled down my window and screamed at them. "Hey! Get a room!" I heard Scooter laughing beside me and they both looked up like deer caught in headlights. They both shook their heads and walked over to put their stuff in the trunk. I got out since Cubby would be driving first. I moved to the back and the back door opened and Scooter slid in beside me. Once everyone was in the car I decided to listen to music on my phone. I scrolled through and just decided to listen to All Time Low. I felt one of my earbuds get pulled out and saw Scooter put it in his ear. I shrugged and turned off my phone as the first song started playing.

We made a few stops along the way to pick up snacks and to get gas. It was Valerie's turn to drive and I was making sure by our next stop I'd be awake so I could drive. I shifted in my seat to get comfortable and was finding no luck. I felt an arm around my shoulder and pull me closer so I was leaning on his chest. I sighed and I actually felt a bit comfortable. "Thanks, Scoots."

"No problem." As I was half laying on him I felt my eyes get droopy and the lull of his heartbeat was the last I heard.

(Scooter's POV)
I felt her steady breathing and I knew she had fallen asleep. I stroked her arm as she slept and gently moved her so her head was on my lap. "You really like her don't you?" I looked up and saw Valerie turned around in her seat. "Yeah, I guess I do." I said, smiling down at her. I heard the car door open and Cubby started up the car again.

By the next stop we made, Aquantis had already woke up. All of us switched so I would be driving and Aquantis sat in the passenger seat. Cubby and Valerie sat in the back to get some sleep. After the few minutes I've been driving, Aquantis moved and placed her legs on my lap. I chuckled and looked over at her, then turned back to the road. "Any reason for this?"

"Yeah, I'm comfortable." I smiled and rested my other hand on her leg. "So, when were you born?" I laughed quietly at her question before I answered. "What is this? Like 20 questions?"

"Yeah, I guess, you didn't answer my question."

"Alright, alright. I was born on March 21."

"OMG, you're a Gemini?"

"Yep. What about you?"

"I was born on September 5, so that makes me a Virgo."

"Are Virgo and Gemini compatible?"

"I mean maybe, look at us we're great friends now." Well, that was a stab at my chest.

"So any love interests?" I asked.

"Um, I don't know. You?"

"Uh, yeah. Maybe."

"Really, who?"

"I can't tell you."

"Aww c'mon, please." Aww, damnit there's that cute pout. Resist Scooter, resist.

"Nope, you'll have to wait and see."

"Ugh fine." I chuckled and felt her play with my hand. I linked our hands together and turned to her to see her smiling back at me. "Hey can I take a picture of this?" I heard her ask.

"Yeah sure." I heard her camera go off and a few taps on her screen. "What should I caption the picture, Scoots?"

"Uh, how about....road trips."

"Yeah, I'm gonna add a heart emoji." I smiled as I drove, then I felt a vibrate in my pocket. I looked over at her and she simply smiled. "I tagged you in the picture." I looked at the gps and noticed we were almost there. "Hey Aquantis, can you wake them up?"

"Yeah." She leaned forward a bit, her legs still resting on my lap, and looked in the back. "Hey lovebirds, wakey wakey." I chuckled and looked in the rearview mirror and saw her now tapping Valerie and Cubby. She leaned away from them once they started waking up. I pulled up to the Guggenheim's place and parked the car. "And our fun-filled days start now. Let's go, Scoots." Aquantis got out of the car and went to open the trunk. "Scoots?" I heard Cubby ask.

"I let her call me that."

"Dude, whipped."

"I know." I said, as I smiled and got out of the car.