Chapter 10: The Morning After

Arin's POV:

Light slipped through the slits of my eyelids. I opened one eye and immediately shut it because of the brightness. As my mind woke up, I felt the pain that lay all over my body. My head felt as though I had been hit across the temple with a plank of wood, my throat was sore and back hurt. I knew this feeling all too well. It was a hangover.

I sighed and was about to sit up and I decided not to just so I wouldn't have the feeling of lightheadedness. I opened my eyes again and looked at the ceiling in confusion. This wasn't my room. Then I remembered the party. I most made passed out somewhere. I bet Ross is freaking the fuck out. I finally brought myself to try and sit up, but when I did, something held me down. I looked down to see an arm flung across my stomach. Greeaattt, I thought to myself. I followed the arm with my eyes to look at the person laying next to me. My blood ran cold and my heart jumped into my throat.

"Oh God," I said, just loud enough to be heard. Dan stirred and sleepily opened his eyes and looked up at my face. His eyes widened as he pushed away from me. "What the Fuck Arin?!" He shouted, standing up. I stood up too, and watched Danny put his hands on his cheeks and make started mumbling, oh god, oh god, oh god. I decided to try and speak. "Look Dan-" He cut me off.

"Shut the fuck up Arin! You've done enough already! What the actual Fuck?!"
I stayed silent, letting him take out his anger.

"I've been trying to get over you, and now you do this?! What the hell is wrong with you? You can't toy with me like this, Arin!"

"Hey! It's not my fault that we got drunk, ran into each other, and had sex!"

"Oh, so now it's my fault, is it?!"

"I didn't say that!"

"But you were thinking it!"

"Do you really want to know what I think?!"

Dan's cheeks reddened and tears began to fall. I decided to back down. This is the exact way he had looked the day I left. I wanted to apologize, but I couldn't. My body wouldn't allow me to say anything. Dan marched across the room, grabbed and put on his clothes and started walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" I sounded angry and defensive, when I was actually sad and on the verge of tears.

Dan turned to me with a face that said 'I Hate You' but eyes that screamed 'I Love You. Don't Let This Happen Again'. I wanted to do anything but stand there. But I couldn't.

Tears covered Dan's cheeks as he said these last words before opening the hotel room door and walking out, slamming the door behind him, "I will always love you, but just stay the fuck out of my way, my heart, and my LIFE!"