Chapter 6: Random Lies And A Awkward Dinner

"Luke care to tell me why you have a fucking dog in your apartment?" Luke had no idea what he was talking about until he heard a bark. There sat Calum hood in his living room. Luke didn't mean to let 'shit' slip out of his mouth but he couldn't control it. What the fuck did Michael get him into this time. Luke hadn't even told Ashton about the whole Mikey-Michael thing. What was Luke supposed to do. He saw Mikey come out of their room looking sheepish on his cute little kitten face.

"Ohhh yeah, um I forgot to tell you. Um this is Calum and he's the cutest thing ever. He was supposed to be a surprised but I got you a friend for Mr. Sniffles and since you're a vet I thought it'd be perfect! I just found him yesterday." Luke literally made everything up on the top of his head. He didn't mean to basically ship Calum off with Ashton but what else was he suppose to say. Well, okay there were probably plenty of thing to say but he panicked. Ashton looked at he skeptically and Calum looked stunned.

When Ashton faced away from Luke he mouthed 'I'm sorry, I panicked!' To Calum who didn't look angry and he 'shrugged'. Ashton turned back to Luke so the blonde plastered a smile on his face nervous laughter escaping his mouth. When Ashton cracked a smile is when Luke could finally breathe. "So a dog huh? What's the special occasion you hardly get me any big gifts?" Luke just shrugged and he knew Ashton didn't really care for the answer, he was more focused on the pup.

He was petting Calum lightly while softly talking to him. Luke wanted to laugh at the sight of his ex bf/best friend petting his coworker on his belly. "So why are you here anyway?" Luke asked, Ashton turned a found with a offended look, "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT TONIGHT!? I am honestly hurt! It's our cuddle night!" And then Luke remembered. He honestly had forgotten. Ashton just scuffed and shook his head. He turned back to Calum and picked the puppy up.

Calum looked like he was having the time of his life. Now Luke didn't feel so bad. "Fine Luke, I'll take my new baby and go home, but first I'm like really hungry so can we have dinner?" Luke laughed at his crazy friend. He shook his head and made a motion for Ashton to follow him. He wandered into the kitchen. "Woah Luke, since when do you bake cookies? And why is the pizza pan out? You're such a freak when it comes to cleaning up right away." Luke knew it must have been from Michael and Calum.

So he just shrugged and continued to get the ingredients out of the fridge and cupboards. Tonight Luke was craving chicken so he pulled out a bag of frozen veggies, which was mostly for Ashton because he fucking loved broccoli, and pulled out some thawed boneless chicken breast. Not many people knew it but he was a bit of a chef like a very small bit. While he was cooking Ashton played with Calum and Mikey. It was honestly a cute sight to watch. He made six pieces of chicken, two for Luke, two for Ashton, and two for Mikey.

Ashton was confused at the number but ignored it. They sat in silence with the tv on low, this was probably the most awkward the boys have ever been but Luke knew that it was his fault. They made light conversation and before he knew it Ashton was placing his plate in the sink. "Okayyy so this has been kinda awkward so I'm just gonna take my new puppy and go." Ashton was trying to lighten the mood, Luke got up and hugged him. When the door shut behind him Luke turned to Mikey with a look that would kill. Mikey squeaked out a small meow and ran away. God he couldn't stand his boy.