Chap. 38#

UNEDITED

"Mia," Jason says, the night went quickly and passed and now we are home and it is evening time.

Frankly I'm exhausted, Kane and I hid the books in the house so we could get to them later. I still have to call my Mother and let her know what I've found out, and what has happened. And how he hurt us, I can't believe I never knew about this. But why would he keep it a secret? Use for advantage? Revenge? He mind-boggles me with how this was a good idea, from what I know the rogue hybrid pack never attacked my family. It makes know sense to attack a pack that could help you in the long run.

"Mia," Jason says loudly now standing in front of me. He has a little concern written mixed with curiosity.
"Yes," I say giving him my best smile, he just shakes his head at me.
"I will find out what you are keeping from me in that little head of yours." He says giving me a kiss to my forehead before grabbing his keys and jacket.
And only now I realize he has a sexy black suit on and his hair messily styled, and by God this man just tried to kill me. I'm already pregnant, I don't know what else he wants from me!

"Where are you going?" I question with a frown, I guess I do't get to go.
"Wipe the frown off that pretty face, I have to go to a dinner with the male elders tonight, you don't have to go. And you are pregnant, just stay home and call me if you need anything or just want me home." He says with a smirk before kissing me passionately then dropping down to kiss my stomach.

"I love you, and I will talk to you when I can." Jason says as he hugs me and walks to the door.
"I love you too, be careful." I say and he agrees before leaving out the door locking it.

Derek and Kane in a matter of seconds come into the kitchen holding the old books. I just roll my eyes but go to Jason's office.

"This is what you guys are hiding?" Nick says making me jump, I turn around to see Nick sitting in a chair. "Why didn't you guys just tell me? I love snooping, let's get to it." Nick says as I sit in Jason's chair and all five of the brothers pull up chairs around me.

"So we found out important information that Kane depicted. One of the Elders from the pack was granted eternal life, if we find him maybe he could shed some light on this. But we don't know who he is." I say opening the family tree book to the elder that was born in that generation.
"He looks familiar," Nick says staring at him hard.

There is a scar running down the side of his cheek, he had to be at least twenty taking this picture.

"You're right, he does." Kane says agreeing but still ponders it.
"I've seen him before, but where?" Adam says scratching at his head.
"He lives with Grandma," Derek counters making us all turn to him.
"What?" Nick says shaking his head in disbelief.

"In the nursing home, you're right Derek." Eric says, and a vague memory of Jason telling me about his Grandmother in the human nursing home evolves in my mind.

Nick stares at the picture before his eyes blacken, his canines extend, and his breathing become heavy as he glares at the picture.

"Nick," I say slowly, his eyes follow my voice slowly as he glares at me, dead in the eyes.
"What now?" Derek asks and I notice all four boys flock my sides now, they are willing to protect me in any circumstance.
"He is the one who cursed me." He says, and that's all it takes before his body shakes and he shifts into his wolf right in front of us.

"Nick, calm down!" I shout as he growls at us.
"Mia, whatever you do, do not call Jason." Derek says as they all stand in front of me protecting.
I see Adam and Eric shift but Derek and Kane hold their stance.

"Nick, when Jason returns we will go to the nursing home, but you need to relax!" I growl out, he doesn't listen but runs out of the office and through the screen back door.

"Jason is going to kill me for the damn door!" I scold rolling my eyes.
"He'll come back, he needs to cool off is all." Derek says and I nod.

"What happened to the door?" Max wonders making us jump.
"Nick busted it," I say and he nods coming into Jason's office with us.
"He will kill you guys, besides Mia, if he finds out you took the books." Max says staring at them, I nod.
"We need to visit Jason's Grandmother in the human populated town down state. The Hybrids Grandfather lives there, who also cursed Nick, but maybe he can help calm down his Grandson." I say and max shrugs but doesn't say a word.

"We will, Jason just asked me if everything is okay because he felt you were scared." He says after a long pause.
"Tell him I am fine, just had a jump scare from the boys." I say and I can see him focus as he tells Jason, his lips moving but nothing coming out.

"Boys, go find Nick, or fix the door, please. We have to speak to Mia alone." Alec says standing in the door way. They don't argue but look tense as they leave, but I know they won't go far, Jason would kill them for leaving me alone.

"Mia, what is going on? The Hybrids are getting closer, Jason won't say anything to us or the pack, and you're doing this behind his back. What is going on? And who hit you guys? Who killed Quaker's Father? We know you know for sure." Alec says as they stare at me cautiously, they don't believe Jason.

"He wants my family, he wants them dead, including me." I say, I sit for a minute thinking things through.
"Mia, who in your pack killed his Father?" Max wonders.

"The same person who has been sneaking around under all of our noses. The person who did this to my family, and who hit us. The same man who betrayed all of us." I growl as I put all the pieces together, the fact that my own family had the guts to betray us. Jason's pack, our pack. He betrayed my family, and no one ever caught him either.

How could we all be so stupid?

"Mia," Alec says no concerned but Max keeps his curious glare.
"Who?" Max whispers his eyes piercing mine, and I can see confusion, terror, and concern in them.

"Hayden," I simply say and watch their eyes widen and jaws drop.

"Look, little sister finally figured out what I've been doing all along. How cute," Hayden states with humor.

UPDATES ARE FUN :)

I love you guys, sorry for the wait, I'm going to try and write more today and update by the weekend because I kept putting it off. Sorry, with the holidays, and now I have to prepare for Christmas!

And I went Black Friday shopping! Wasn't to bad, but I live in New York, everything is always packed, I'm use to it. Any New Yorkers?

And Conquer won guys! So next chapter I write I will post the first chapter of Conquer, and then forty will be the final chapter.

Also, I know people hate this, but I actually while searching for a new book to read came across one called 'Santa's Helper,' I read the first chapter and it was actually very good, and she's a new writer! AutChase

She's like me, I am an Army Girlfriend too, so it was cool talking to her seeing writing was what she did to keep her mind off him.
Exactly why I do, haha after four years with my boyfriend and him a year and half in the army it's still rough.
Somehow I ended up back with him, and he is a pain in my ass.

But alright, love you all! I will try and update soon!

Haha dedication to my pain boyfriend, who keeps calling me his fiancee- We aren't engaged!-

Love Av xxx