He threw his hands up and backed away, "Oh by all means Mr. Wyatt. You have a good night."

"We will."

Me and Naiya returned home and to my bedroom where I called up Kyle to ask him about Officer Dickhead who pulled us over.

"Don't worry about it I'll find out who it was. I pretty much know all the patrol officers and that guy doesn't sound familiar. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel called in out of town officers or if the guy was just fake."

I paced back on forth in front of my bed. Naiya was sitting on the edge of it at the end watching me. "He can do that?"

Kyle laughed a little, "No. Which is an offense. Don't worry I'll take care of it."

"Thanks."

"So what exactly did you take?"

"I don't know. Naiya found the papers. I'm kinda afraid to read it."

"So you gonna take it to Daniel's office tomorrow or what?"

"Should I? I mean I ain't scared of Alphonse but I'm kinda thinking that if I do go up there, Daniel's dumb ass will reveal some more. If he wants this document back so bad, I think I can milk him of some intel. What you think?"

"Go for it. But take somebody with you."

"Aight I'll call up Torrence or Bren-"

"Torrence."

I laughed and took a seat next to Naiya. "What's wrong with my boy Kyle?"

"I love Brendan don't get me wrong but that fool is a noodle."

"He can kick ass though."

"And with Torrence you won't even need to do all that."

"Aight fine."

"And Naiya will be in school right?"

I glanced her way briefly and caught her staring down at her fingers with a sad ass look on her face. I playfully nipped at her cheek where her right dimple is causing her to break a smile she was trying so hard not to do. "Yeah if she wants to go. It's been a long night feel me?"

I didn't openly tell Kyle about what I heard Daniel saying about her parents but I did text him in the middle of our conversation. So while we were talking over the phone about one thing, we were texting about another. Kyle basically told me to do what I already was doing. Being there for Naiya in any way I can and helping her to find answers. And the main reason why I was going tomorrow to meet up with Daniel was to find those answers.

"Aight well see what she wants to do and text me. If she stays home, I'll have Brianna come pick her up and she can hang with her instead of being home alone."

"Cool, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Man text me back!"

"I will!"

"So why you say you was gonna talk to me tomorrow..."

"Talking is verbal, texting isn't."

"Keon shut up, bye."

I laughed a little, "Later."

After hanging up with Kyle I stood up and went to the top of my bed and began pulling my comforter and sheets back. Naiya stood up and picked up my Ohio State football blanket that was folded at the end of the bed next to where she was sitting. She really acting like that shit is hers.

"You can sleep in here if you want."

Her face was partially buried into the blanket that she was holding with both arms wrapped around it. Her eyes slowly lifted up towards me. "With you?"

I nodded.

"In your bed?"

I nodded.

"With you in the bed too?"

"Yes Naiya." I stated, annoyed with these stupid questions.

"Oh...I was just being clear that's all."

"If you're not comfortable then it's okay. I can sleep on my co-"

"No no I don't want to kick you out of your bed."

"So you'll be fine?"

"Yes."

"Were you going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I need to keep busy and school will give me something to do. Besides I need to be there."

"Okay. Me and Torrence are going to meet up with Daniel and see what's going on while you're in school."

"You sure about this?"

"Positive. You and I both need answers. You more than me especially with what we heard today. And on the way there I'll have Torrence read the papers you took and see what's up."

"Okay."

I pulled off my shirt and entered into my closet to change out of my pants. When I returned wearing only a pair of basketball shorts, Naiya was still standing next to the bed but now she was dressed for bed.

"Naiya get in the bed."

"Don't you have a favorite side to sleep on?"

"Don't matter to me really. I always end up on the opposite side when I wake up."

"Don't roll on me in your sleep."

"That will be pretty hard to not do since it always happens. Not to mention I'll be temporarily unconscious. Just push me back over."

"...Okay."

She finally got her ass into the bed and I followed, turning off the lights making the room go almost pitch black thanks to the dark red curtains I have in my windows. The only light came from my bathroom where the door was slightly ajar. Even in the dark, I could still see her sitting up. "Oh and I turn my hearing aids off at night." I turned the volume down on one and removed it before placing it on the desk next to me.

"Guess I need to learn sign language then."

"I mean if you want. That's completely up to you. Me and Kyle can teach you. There's some signs that a ASL teacher can't teach you."

"Like what curse words?"

"Precisely."

She finally laid her ass down. "Well good night."

I removed my second hearing aid, laid it next to the other and turned my body towards her. I kissed her forehead and signed,

["Good night."]