Being a Hero

Emma POV
It is all happening so fast. Everyone is screaming and panicking while the bus is slowly going under. The bus driver was trying to get the door open but it wouldn't open. Everyone was trying to open the windows but they wouldn't budge. Not even the emergency doors would open. Everyone, even the teachers, was crying. Except me. The water was up to my shoulders. We would be under in less than a minute. I decided I am not going to be gentle. Using my arms and legs I started hitting and kicking the window in the back of the bus.
"Emma what are you doing?!" One of the teachers yelled.
"I am saving everyone." The water was up to my chin. I kept kicking the window until it finally cracked and the glass shattered. Using the last amount of air I had left in me I managed to say, "Everyone you have to hurry. Get out of-" before I could finish I was under water.
All the students started swarming out of the bus. The teachers were careless and pushed through to get out. Everyone started to swim to the surface and go to shore. Everyone was finally out. It was time for me to go up. Before I started swimming I heard someone trying to scream. One of the popular girls in the grade who was always rude to me was stuck in some seaweed. (A/N: Just go with it. It goes along with the story) I decided to help her. I got her untangled and pushed her up. She quickly started to swim to the surface without even making sure I was right behind her. Brat!
I was running out of air. I started to swim up when I felt a tug on my leg. I was being held back by seaweed. I couldn't get free. I started screaming for help hoping someone would come back down to help me. But no one came. Just as I could feel myself lose consciousness, a miracle happened!
Third person POV
All the students and teachers were now on the shore making sure everyone was okay. They were all pretty shaken and terrified. They almost died. One of the teachers, Mrs. Renee, was making an announcement. "Everyone listen up," she started, "we are going to call some help and we will have you home before sun down. If it wasn't obvious the field trip is canceled. We may be stranded here for a while until help arrives. So everyone just stay calm. I also want to add that you guys were all so brave down there. I am so proud of each and every one of you. But there is one student that I am most proud of. Emma Griffin. She is the reason we are all alive. She could have saved herself first but she made sure every one of you was out. She put you before herself. So now I want to take this time for you, Emma, to come up here and we can thank you properly. So come on up!" Everyone looked around But Emma did not come up. Becca and Riley started to panic.
A popular girl named Scarlet went up and said, "She saved me. I was stuck in seaweed and she helped me. I was so selfish. I didn't even see if she was following me. The thing is I knew she was in trouble but I was so desperate for air I didn't even try to save her." She started crying. "She is still down there."
Becca and Riley's eyes were widened. Suddenly Lucas ran up. "I'll go save her. I can hold my breath for a long time and I am a really strong swimmer."
"Ok Lucas. Go." Mrs. Renee said. Lucas took off his shirt and dive into the water.
Everyone waited for Lucas to come up with Emma. Suddenly Lucas emerged from the water. He was panting for air. "She...she was gone!" He got out.
A/N: MIND BLOWN! Sorry for cliff hanger but I wrote more in this chapter. I really hope you guys like my story. I will update as soon as I can. Please share this with your friends. I want to be able to give you guys an awesome story. If you have any ideas for this story comment me. Make sure to follow me. Also do t forget to vote and tell me what you think about this chapter.
BUH BYE! ASHLEY OUT!