My Struggle

Kat found friends. Friends that supported her and welcomed her. They made her whole and gave her safety. The were her rock, her sanctuary, her home. She felt good about who she was.

She liked girls and found someone to be with (by this time Kat was okay with boys and girls). Her name was Joy. Joy and Kat were  the cutest couple. Always holding hands and smiling, talking late into the night, and always supportive. They went through the good and the bad together.

They found themselves together. Joy found she was actually a boy: Skay. Kat still loved Jackie with all her heart. Time came and went, and everything was great. Then, Kat found... maybe she was just a person? Maybe she had no gender? Kat became Logan and they were so happy when they figured out who they were. Skay and Logan. Logan and Skay. 

Yet, not all was to be. Not everyone agreed with their lives; who they were. People hated them and went as far as to harass them, make fun of them. Slurs like faggot slashed through their confidence, looks and whispers scared them. All because they were being who they were always meant to be.

It only got worse. Logan discovered they were a boy, and Skay discovered he was a mix. They became Logan and Jackie and they fought through the junk in their lives together.

And still, nothing improved much. Depression, disorders and more hard times put a strain on them. Tears were shed and minds were lost due to bullies and parents and society. 

They were encouraged to be who they were, but society still has yet to accept that, yes, people take grasp of their individuality and shine through. They show off who they are. So, tell me, would you hurt someone like Jackie? Someone like Logan? Two people simply trying to be themselves, when society shuts them off, pushes them down. Look for the people crying to you for help. Accept and love others like Jackie and Logan, because a little hate goes a long way, and that long way might push one off the edge. Please, help save innocent people who just want to be themselves.