08 - Yule Ball

A FEW MONTHS LATER

LUCY'S POV

"Two other schools are visiting for a week, meaning that the school will be holding our traditional Yule Ball." The student began to murmur, but became silent again at McGonagall's request. "Boys, you are asked behave as gentlemen, and ladies, be on your best behaviour for our guests. Everyone is asked to bring a partner to the ball." I looked over to Myles and he grins at me sweetly.

Ron let out a rather loud groan. "Mr. Weasley, would you like to join me in dance?" The boys smirk as the girls cracked up. He muttered as he got up. "Place your hand on my waist, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall grabs his hand and places it on her waist. Fred and George crack up.

"Hey Ron, looks like you've got a new girlfriend." The whole class laughed. I watched Ron's EE slowly get clouded with black.

"Shut up." He muttered as Professor McGonagall just ignored it. Hermione laughed, making Ron blush, his EE going slightly pink. The dance had finished almost as soon as it had started.

"Remember. Ask someone. It's going to be fun. Class dismissed." Professor McGonagall dismissed us and we kept teasing Ron about his close encounter with our favourite Professor.

"Hey Luc, can I talk to you?" Myles asks, dragging me away from everyone

"Sure," I reply, allowing him to lead me into a separate corridor. Myles grabs my hand and spins me around playfully.

"I was wondering if you'd be my dance partner at the Yule Ball?" He asks, setting us out like Ron and Minerva had been before. We begin to dance and I chuckle.

"I don't know, we'll have to see with those two left feet of yours." I kissed his cheek and he dips me, making me squeal.

"I'm the best dancer out there." He winks, helping me back up.

"We'll see, Potter." I smirk playfully as we make our way back to our friends.

TIME SKIP - DAY BEFORE YULE BALL

We're all sitting in Snape's class, charring quietly about tomorrow's events. Ron sat quietly, not as excited as everyone else since he was still to find a date. He starts whispering to Hermione, poking her with his quill.

"Hermione, you're a girl," Ron says, grabbing her attention. She raises an eyebrow at him.

"Well spotted, genius." She mutters, her eyes narrowing in annoyance. Snape whacks them over the head with some parchment, glaring at them to be quiet.

"It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone, for a girl it's just sad." He replies. I watch my sister's EE just switch completely. Hermione is obviously upset and Ron was being an absolute idiot.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not, someone's asked me." She stormed up to Snape and gave him her test. Hermione came back for her satchel. "And I said yes." She finishes and storms away. Ginny and I glare at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Must you always complicate things with my sister? You're not giving yourself a very good chance if you keep acting like an arrogant dickhead." I stare the obvious before Ginny and I return our finished test papers and go off in search of Hermione.