02 - Sorting Hat

EE/aura — Emotional Energy/aura

LUCY'S POV

The grand train finally came to a stop and all of the first years piled out, instructed so by the train conductor.

"Students, make sure to leave your bags here. They'll be delivered your dorms during the Sorting Ceremony." I hear a thick accent speak. I turn to see a very tall man with a long beard and black beetle eyes, his large frame was covered by a large trench coat with lots of pockets and his beard hid a cheeky smile.

"Hello Hagrid." Harry greets Hagrid and Myles gives him a hug, almost disappearing beneath the half-giant's jacket. He was tall, but not tall enough to be an actual giant. His aura was very friendly and nurturing.

"Hello Harry, Myles." He turns to Hermione, Ron and I with a kind smile. "Obviously you're a Weasley, let's just hope you're not a trouble maker like Fred and George." Ron smiles, trying to hide his laugh. "And who would you two young ladies be?" Hagrid looks at us before raising an eyebrow to Myles and Ron.

"My name is Hermione Granger," Hermione smiles, shaking the half-giant's hand as he chuckles at her enthusiasm. His eyes fall back on me.

"Lucy Granger, please call me Lu." I watch Hagrid as he laughs, another set of twins probably amused him, since there was so many already in Hogwarts. I glance at Myles and flash him a gentle smile in an attempt to calm him down a bit. The poor boy seemed a bit flustered.

"Ron Weasley." Ron introduces himself properly to Hagrid. I pretend not to notice when he sneaks a quick glance at Hermione.

"Nice to meet you." He smiles, smirking almost knowingly at Ron, who pretended he didn't notice. "Okay, first years. Five to a boat." Hagrid calls to all the first years as the older years make their way to the castle via carriage and what I assume is an invisible horse, since I couldn't see the animal.

"Can we ride with you?" I ask Myles, trying to not to seem nervous in front of the curly-haired boy. Harry interrupts before he can answer.

"Sure. Myles would love for his girlfriend to ride with us." Hermione and Ron laugh as Myles glares at them. I feel my face turn beet red for the hundredth time today as Myles butts in.

"But I'm sure Ronald would love his girlfriend to come with us too," Myles smirks at Ron and Hermione. They blush and glare at him as we hop in the boat. I laugh at their reaction and Hermione's icy stare turns to me, trying to scare me, which it failed to do. 'Mione was absolutely harmless, majority of the time anyway. Myles offers me his hand, helping me into the small wooden boat. I smile and take it, stepping gently in before sitting down across from him.