part 49 // bagels & newspaper runs

(part 1 of 2 from my 'woohoo parts 49 and 50!!!!!!!!' mini series thingy)

this part: yoonmin - highschool au (enjoy!)

//

"yoongi hyung!" a rather chipper voice for six in the morning called from behind him. this was his usual routine; wake up, throw something clean on, and go out for the paper run. his family struggled a bit financially, so he decided to take up the job of riding around on his bike and distributing newspapers for some extra cash to help out his mother. it was fall now, so yoongis nose would always be tinted red and his hands a little shaky from the cold, but he didnt mind. and recently, an extremely cheerful second year has taken it upon himself to tag along.

"jimin." yoongi just nodded as the now panting boy finally caught up to him, letting a slight smile graze his lips. since this morning yoongi had finished his job early, he was just loitering on school grounds, waiting for the school to open. his mother would have left for work at this time, anyway. when yoongi finally looked at jimin, his hands were filled with objects. "yoongi hyung! good morning! i brought you a bagel and coffee, and also some jam just in case you like in on your bagel!" jimin sweetly handed a brown paper bag to yoongi and a warm to-go cup. 'this is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me' yoongi thought to himself.

"th-thanks, jimin." yoongi muttered, trying his best to show him how much he truly appreciated him. jimin just smiled warmly at him, telling him not to worry about it and it was his pleasure. "oh! i almost forgot!" jimin suddenly spoke up, slipping his backpack off and pulling some dark piece of clothing out of it. "here." he said quietly as he gently draped a black wool scarf around yoongis neck. "just so you dont catch a cold, hyung." he said shyly, making yoongis cheeks flare up. "thank you, jiminie." yoongi said, flustered. he didnt really know what to do, so he just bowed thankfully and smiled as widely as he could. yoongi realized finally that he was hungry, so he lead jimin to a bench and sat down.

"so, hyung, tell me about yourself." jimin giggled as yoongi slowly ate his food. yoongi stiffened a little at the question, but thought. "like what?" he muttered, covering his mouth so that he wouldnt seem rude talking with food in his mouth. jimin stayed silent for a moment, probably thinking of what to say next. "do you live with your parents, or have you moved out already?" jimin asked a few moments later, thinking of how he never seemed to catch yoongi around any adults. yoongi swallowed his food, and sighed. "i live with my mother. my father left us, after he found out i liked boys." yoongi said, almost sounding casual about it. but it wasnt casual, not at all.

he had always blamed himself for his father leaving, not wanting a homosexual son. when in all reality, it was his father being ignorant and uneducated, leaving him homophobic. but that didnt stop yoongi from crying for nights on end, sobbing and apologizing to his mother for how he made her husband leave her. his mother hated when he did that, she believed with all of her heart that it wasnt yoongis fault. she never blamed him. "i-" jimin started, sounding unsure of himself, "im so sorry, hyung." yoongi chuckled, trying to cover up his hurt, "dont be, he was an asshole anyways." and he was, but that didnt mean yoongi didnt still love him.

jimin nodded in agreement, letting a thick silence fall over them. "well..i think your brave, hyung." jimin spoke up after a few minutes, turning to look at yoongi. yoongi looked back at him, furrowing his eyebrows. "really?" he asked him, his heart filling with a warm feeling he couldnt quite put his finger on. "of course. you shouldnt listen to people like that. they mean nothing." jimin said sternly, eyes averting from yoongi in shyness. it took a second, but yoongi finally built up enough courage to say something in return. "jimin, i think you might possibly be my favorite person ever." and it was true.

//

a/n looK WHOS BACK FROM THE DEAD!! ME!! HEY GUYS IM SORRY THIS WAS SHORT AND IF YOUR WONDERING WHAT THAT WHOLE PART 1 OUT OF 2 THING IS AT THE TOP, ITS A LITTLE THING IM DOING WHERE I WRITE SPECIAL AU'S FOR THE 49TH AND 50TH PARTS BC WOOHOO WE'VE COME A LONG WAY! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE (*cough* yoonmin wedding *cough*) so YEAH AND EXPECT A LONG ASS AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THE NEXT CHAPTER BC I REALLY REALLY LOVE U ALL!!! also, im very sick atm so im sorry this was later~

lots of love (and yoonmin fluff), namjoon1994 !