part 33 // college

yoongi didnt think it would be this hard. he assumed that the day he had to go off to college would be a good day for him. because he could finally get out of the small town he grew up in, like he had always wanted to. but it wasnt a great day. because leaving his small home town also meant leaving his only true home. and that was jimin.

now, yoongi hated crying. and it wasnt because he felt like less of a man when he did it, he just didnt like having to get so attached to things that you could cry over them. thats just always how its been. but for the first time in what seems like forever, he was afraid he wouldnt be able to hold back his tears. as he sat in the passengers seat of jimins mothers mini van, he couldnt help but let his eyes get glossy. because when he looked at jimin, he could see that by the way he was clutching the steering wheel and biting his lip harshly, that he too was not okay.

yoongi felt like he needed to do something, so he suddenly just reached over and pried jimins hand off the steering wheel before interlacing their fingers. yoongi pressed a single gentle kiss on to the top of jimins soft had and then he heard jimin whimper. he knew that sound. it was the same sound that jimin would make while watching a sad movie, or when he scrapped his knee. jimin was about to cry. and yoongi knew this would not be a good thing because when jimins started crying, he knew he would too.

"jimin, baby, please dont cry." yoongi let his thumb gently rub circles on jimins hand, as he softly pleaded with his boyfriend not to be upset. jimin took a deep breath and nodded slightly to himself. "i- im not. im okay. we're okay." he said, seeming like he was trying to reassure himself more then he was trying to reassure yoongi.

the rest of the drive was mostly silent, the only noises coming from the air conditioner and the small hum of the wheels against the pavement. as he looked over to jimin again, yoongi let one tear slip out of his eye. not only because he knew he would probably not see jimin again for a very long time, but because even though he was happy jimin was taking him, he wished that his parents cared enough to do so too.

yoongi grew up in a bit of an unstable household. his father left them multiple times, only coming back for as long as a few days before leaving once again. by the age of 14, yoongi had gotten used to not having a father. in the beginning, it was just him and his mom. but around the time that yoongi turned 16, it was just him. his mom was still there, but only rarely. because at one point she had gotten caught up in the wrong crowd and not only brought home a boy every weekend (the same home yoongi was still living in), but she also started to do multiple drugs. yoongi was not quite sure what those drugs were or even where his mom was right now. he had told her he got accepted to college, and that was the last time he saw her up until now.

though jimin had a more stable family, his home life was far from easy as well. he had both his parents and he also had an older brother, but most of the time he just had his brother. you see, jimins parents fought. alot. and not just yelling. but they would throw and break things, the would hit each other and shatter glasses. and the worst part was that they put both jimin and his brother right in the middle of it all. when his father and mother couldnt hit each other, they hit them. jimin would often go to school with bruises up and down his arms and face, having to make up freak accidents so no one would get suspicious. but now, in his senior year of high school, it didnt happen much anymore. his parents knew he was now big enough to fight back, so they would mostly just yell at him. but he didnt let it get to him much anymore.

so when they met each other, their problems seemed to get smaller and smaller. and thats why it was so hard, to say goodbye. because for the past two years, jimin was all yoongi had and yoongi was all jimin had. and neither of them were ready to give that up. so when they pulled up to the airport, it felt like both of their worlds were collapsing around them.

they had both gotten through security and such without a hitch, but when they were standing at the gate, waiting for yoongi to be called, it all became real.

"yoongi i-" jimin started, but was cut off shortly when his soft crying became sobs. yoongi immediately wrapped his arms tightly around jimin and held him close, making sure that he could remember what jimin smelled like and when it felt like to hold him in his arms when he had to leave. "its okay, jiminie. we're gonna be okay. i promise." yoongis muffled voice said against jimins shoulder.

"im gonna- im gonna miss you so much." jimin cried, tears soaking his cheeks. yoongi let a few of his own tears slip out as well, this was the hardest thing hes ever had to do in his life. "and im gonna miss you more than you will ever know, jiminie." yoongi said quietly, still holding on to jimin as he cried.

'flight 187 is now boarding. all passengers please report to the gate at this time.'

"shit, no. oh god, no." yoongi mumbled to himself as he felt more tears flow out of his eyes. this was it. "jiminie, hey, look at me. okay, i know this is hard. i know it is. but we'll make it work okay? because i love you, more than i have ever loved anything else in this world. and if life at home gets tough again, please call me. i will pick up no matter where i am and i will be here as soon as possible, okay? and i promise, that i will come and visit anytime i can." yoongi said, gently. he held jimins face softly in his hands as he rushed his words.

jimin nodded, squeezing his eyes as more tears poured out. "i love you too. so, so much." he said to yoongi quietly, as he held back more sobs because he knew that this was it. this was the last time he could actually hold yoongi for a while. and then yoongi pulled jimin into a tight hug once again.

'last call for flight 187.'

"shit, baby, i have to go now, okay?" yoongi said quickly as he pressed a kiss to jimins forhead. jimin nodded painfully, before taking a deep breath and pushing yoongis bangs out of his eyes. "good luck, baby. you'll do great. im so proud of you. i love you, and i'll see you soon." jimin said one last time before smiling widely at yoongi through his tears.

"i love you more." yoongi mumbled as he pulled jimin in for one last quick hug. "bye, jiminie." he said, with a sad smile on his face. he then rushed over to the gate, handing his ticket to the lady. and right before he walked on, he turned and waved at his boyfriend, smiling slightly at him.

jimin stayed at the airport, and watched yoongis plane take off. as his eyes followed the small plane in the distance, he whispered, "bye, baby." and then the plane was out of sight. little did he know that from the plane, yoongi was currently crying his eyes out because when he looked out the window at the last second, he saw a tiny little figure standing in the window of the airport, and he knew it was his jiminie.

//

a/n i aM CRYING SM RIGHT NOW WHY MUST I BE LIKE THIS. i decided to put a second chapter out today bc i had some extra time & also i didnt like the one i wrote from earlier. so yeah, here ya goooo!~

lots of love, namjoon1994 !