Petal's: 5

(not edited)  

The minute he had entered her house he got greeted by several paintings hanged on the walls, just like that her room welcomed him in.

Practically it was not her room ,but it was her working room which is right across from her own room.

Though he really wanted to see her room but he was more than happy that she at-least was showing him her work ...

***

He scanned the room with his eyes, paintings was all he can see there.

Some hanged on the walls, some on the floor ,some on her table with different color tubes spread around it, while some painting were half done and some were still in work in progress.

At the one corner of the room, she had a whole shelf stocked with all the supplies like different colors, brushes, varieties of pallets,different sized new canvas.

It was pretty much like he has in his own room.

And then there was one more interesting thing, a paintball wall. Plastic was even was spread-ed there on the floor near it.

If the paintings he saw earlier in the living room was trailer , then the painting he was seeing now was definitely a movie!

The girl loves painting more than anything!

***

He was admiring each painting with his keen eyes, thinking about what he is seeing in it and what she had think about it while making it.

Selena had left him in room alone and had went down to get rid of the coffee mugs they had brought with them in the room.

It was a perfect opportunity for zayn to understand her through her work, but he was struggling to do so....

***

"What do you think?" she asked him, after returning back to the room.

He was staring at her now work in progress canvas.

It was pretty much painted with every color possible and then there was this one stroke of black color in between.

One stroke of black?

Why?

He was thinking too hard to figure out , why only one stroke of black in between all the other colors , that he didn't hear her talking to him.

At first he thought that may be , she was trying to show the mystery but then why all the other colors around it, if she wanted to show the my--

"zayn, what happened?" her small hand was now resting on his shoulder, breaking him from his deep thought.

He didn't answer her , but he did questioned her back.

"Why black?" she gave him a small smile and moved to stand beside him as she was standing behind him partially facing his back and painting.

***

He was getting used to this silence, she had never answered him straightaway.

Its like she thinks about proper words before explaining it to him.

or

Could she be thinking about how to explain it to him instead?

Who knows?

Only she knows...

***

"You know what it represents?" she had asked him out of the blue, while moving her finger tips along the stroke of black color.