Chapter Twenty Two

Kyle's POV:

Standing outside the window to Tiffany's room was all I could do, watch her lying there with wires connected to her and an IV in her arm. I felt sick to my stomach seeing her like this. Her beautiful skin now looking paler then ever. She almost looks like... I don't even want to say it, she's not dying on me.

I wish you listened to me Tiffany. You wouldn't be in here if you didn't go, we would have found another way to save your sister. But I guess I shouldn't dwell on the past.

"Uh, can I help you?" A man's voice asks from beside me. 

I look at the guy with confusion and shake my head. He looked around in his late forties.

"No." I reply, looking back in the window.

"Then I'd appreciate it if you leave. This is my daughter's room, and I highly doubt you know her."

So this is Tiffany's father. "Look, I'm not causing any tr-"

"Look mommy! It's the guy that saved me!" A cheery little voice exclaims from not far down the hall. I look behind Tiffany's dad and see a little girl with her blonde locks flowing behind her as she skips over here."Heyo!" She says cheerily, giving me a toothy grin.

I give her a small smile. "Hey. I see you're better."

Soon I hear loud footsteps coming from behind them and a panicked lady come rushing down the hall.

"Uhuh. The doctor put some cute pink bandages on my cuts, but I'm all better."

"Claire, what did I say about talking to strangers?" Her dad says sternly.

"Bu-"

"Sweetie. What did I tell you about running off?" The lady says, she has blonde hair like the girl. She looked like she was in her early forties.

"Sorry mommy." She sighs with a cute little pout.

The man looks up and directly at me. "Why are you still here?"

I go to speak but Claire cuts me off. "Wait. He's the guy who saved me!" She says looking at me before hugging my leg. "He also saved Tiffy." She finishes.

"Oh! So you're the one who saved my daughters?" The lady asks me and I nod slowly, before sucking in a breath as she hugs me really tightly. The only thing I could do was pat her back awkwardly, thankfully she pulls away not long after. "Honey, it would be rude to send him away. If it wasn't for him, Claire would still be missing and Tiffany would be God knows where. Thank you soo much. What's your name?"

"Kyle. And honestly it's no biggy. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't save Tiff."

"Tiff? Did you know our daughter?" Tiffany's mom asks and I nod with a small smile.

"Yeah, she's m-"

"Oh good. So I see you have officially met Tiffany's parents." A cheery voice says from behind me, as a arm hangs across my shoulder, pulling me closer to her.

"You know him Avery? Oh that's good to know. How'd you guys meet?" Tiffany's mom asks, I then notice that Tiffany's dad had disappeared into Tiffany's room.

"At school."

"So you guys are friends?" She asks.

"Oh God! You didn't tell them you were Tiffany's boyfriend?" Avery asks me with wide eyes, but then her eyes widen at the little slip up. Mouthing a 'sorry' to me. "Or did you mean me?" She asks looking between Tiffany's mom and me.

"Boyfriend? Then what on earth are you doing out here? Go in and see her." Tiffany's mom says.

"I'm not allowed in unless I have permission from you and your husband." I tell her. "And all due respect, I don't really think your husband wants me near your daughter."