Chapter 9

*Candi's POV*

Tf just happened? I'm standing here feeling stupid, looking crazy... WHAT IS HAPPENING? I don't think Alana meant what she said. I know I messed up but I don't think I hurt her that bad. Watching her hurt was like watching needles slowly injected into my eyes. I began to walk off then Jerome pulled up to the curb unlocking his doors. "Hop in shortie." I didn't say a word. I got into his car and stayed silent until we pulled up at my house. I was just about to get out then he grabbed my arm, "Candi, listen I know you're hurting but there's somebody out there that's way better for you. You just might be looking in the wrong places. This is just a bump in the road a beautiful & head strong girl like you will get over eventually." I stared staying silent. "Just keep ya head up." he says as he releases his grip. I nodded & slowly made my way towards my house. As soon as I walked in the house, I walk past my mother & sister avoiding any eye contact. I locked myself in my room & plopped on the edge of my bed like a lifeless vessel. Lemme get my mind right. *turns on the radio and Bruno Mars-When I Was Your Man began to play* before the damn chorus could finish I found myself crying my eyes out knowing this was somewhat EXACTLY how I was feeling. I need her back. Lemme just sleep. It's the only way my mind will be eased.

*Payton's POV*

"Make the next left in .5 miles." My navigation systems says. I turn into an abandoned warehouse on the shore of our beach front. I look at time, 7:38pm. Damn, 8 minutes late. "Look who decided to show up, fuck you been at??" Is the first thing I hear exiting my car from Fam. I call this old ass negro Fam because he's been a family friend since my birth. He's like an Uncle to me. "I was handling business, now enough small talk. Where's Boss, the product, & potential customer?" I stated leaning on a nearby railing near the entrance on the warehouse. "Boss is inside setting up, the product has already been moved to the safe, & the customer just called saying he may be a lil late. But question, why is it that you call your daddy by his work name all the time?" I took a long pause. "You know why I won't even give him the proper title of father." I say and before I could finish my phone began to vibrate. It's Alana.

Lana: I'm gonna have the house to myself tonight, if you're not too busy can you swing thru?

I smile as I try to think of a smooth ass line to reply with. "Oh shit, I know that look. Whose daughter you taking advantage of tonight?" "Fam, it ain't even like that with this one. She's definitely wifey material, like she may earn that title from me! But we taking it slow right now." "Damn, I thought pigs would fly before I'd see ol' pimpin' Payton settle down. Well think about it." "Man whatever! But is that the customer?" I say as a silver SUV pulls up towards the warehouse. "You got that thing on you right?" He turned to the side and lifted his shirt a lol and showed me the tip of his Desert Eagle. I nodded and we stood at the front of the door putting on our best poker faces. My phone vibrates once again but I'll have to check it later.

*Alana's POV*

Her..: Somebody can't get enough of me in one day can they, lol. But I'm never too busy for you. Gimme two hours I'll be there with pizza & movies? Cool?

Dang, this girl knows what to say & do at all times! Iont even know what to say back. I'll figure something out. "Usually when you're in love with someone you don't move on this quick." Teddy says as she can tell I'm doing something sneaky. "Whose said I moved on, I'm just done waddling in my sadness while this bitch is happy & not worried bout my black ass with her pencil dick ass boyfriend." I scolded. I looked over at Jason immediately because I knew he had a smart ass comment to bud in with. I guess he knew he was gone get clockedT so he stayed quiet. "All I'm saying is be careful with who you have fun with. Iont want you to put yourself out there again, & getting hurt." Teddy said softly. "I'm just having fun right now. I ain't getting into nothing serious" I say, " and since we on the subject y'all bitches gotta go!" "What you mean WE GOTTA GO?!" Jason sassed. "I'm bout to have company & I need to clean & get myself together." Jason gave me the straightest face ever. "Did we not just tell you TO STOP BEGIN NASTY & GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!?!" I laughed & said, "I know what I'm doing now y'all ain't gotta go home but ya gotta get the hell up outta here!" They slowly but surely got there stuff & left. As soon as I locked the door behind them I ran in my room grabbed my nair, my phone, a towel & a shower cap. Before I start my shower, I decided to text Payton back.

Me: two hours? cool! but bring an overnight bag too (: