Chapter 17

“So Conor, I’ll see you back in a months’ time, everything will be paid for but…there’s only one problem.” Neyo rubbed his forehead not looking forward to what he was about to say. “What is it?” “You’re going to be here for a while, we want to create this album as soon as possible and depending on how well you do, will affect how long you will be here for.” “What’s so bad about that?” I could tell by Neyo’s face he hadn’t actually told us the bad news yet. “Well…You have to come alone…you’re going to be busy the whole time and with someone here with you…they could be a distraction, I’m sorry man but this is business now.” I couldn’t believe what Neyo was saying, Conor was going to be in America while I was in Brighton and I wouldn’t know how long it would be until I see him. “Wow…Really?” I could tell by Conor’s voice that he was disappointed and so was i. “Yeah…I’m really sorry Conor.” “Right, well I don’t want to miss my plane so I’ll contact you nearer the time.” “Alright see you later man.” Conor shook hands with Neyo and we left.

Me and Conor sat in silence for the car journey to LA and then rarely spoke on the plane journey either. I didn’t want to talk about it. I was scared I would just burst out crying knowing it could be months till I see him when he leaves for America again. I fell asleep on the plane so that made it less awkward between us but me and Conor were going to have to face each other soon. We got back to mine at 4 in the morning. I was only slightly tired and my mum was asleep so I was going to have to see her in the morning. “So…You’re going to be going to LA…Alone.” I wasn’t facing him and he wasn’t speaking. I slowly turned around to face him and his face looked sad. “I don’t want this anymore than you do (Y/N), but the time will fly right by.” I scoffed at his words, “For you it might! You’re going to be in LA producing a bloody album! The time is going to fly right by for you Conor! But I’m going to be here, waiting for you to come back.” I could already feel my eyes starting to water but I tried to hold the tears back. “I didn’t choose this (Y/N), you know I would take you with me if I could but you heard what Neyo said, this is business, and the sooner I get it done, the sooner I’ll be back to you.” He had a point but I didn’t like it. I turned away and went to go and fetch some water but Conor grabbed my wrist and refused to let the subject drop. “DON’T WALK AWAY FROM ME (Y/N)! THIS ISN’T MY FAULT!” Conor’s grip was tightening on my wrist. “Conor stop! You’re hurting me!” He didn’t let go and his grip was getting tighter. His face had turned bright red and a fire was burning up inside him. I tried to pull his grip off of my wrist but it was too tight. “CONOR LET GO!” He finally released his grip on my wrist and I quickly moved away from him. Conor has never acted like this before and I was scared of him! I ran up the stairs and into my bathroom, quickly locking it behind me. I looked at my wrist and it was red and I could see it starting to bruise. Tears were rolling down my face and I sat on the bathroom floor until there was a gentle tap on the door. “(Y/N), open up…please, I’m sorry okay. Please talk to me.” I slowly got up off the floor and unlocked the door. I didn’t open it I just went over to the mirror, my back to the door. I was holding my wrist in my other hand and I heard the door slowly open. “Let me see…” his words were soft and gentle and I could tell he was under control again. I turned to face him and he saw I was crying. “(Y/N)! I am so sorry!” he pulled me in and hugged me tight. I couldn’t help but wrap my arms around him. “Let me see your wrist…” I untied my arms from around him and put my wrist out in front of him. I heard him gasp as he saw what he had done to me. The bruising was more visible now and my wrist was slightly swollen. A tear rolled down his face as he saw that he was the cause of this. “(Y/N), I am so sorry…” His voice cracked at the end and I could tell that he was truly sorry for what he did but I just didn’t understand why he got so mad down there. “Why Conor? Why would you do that to me?” He looked down and was avoiding my gaze. “Conor?” “There’s one thing I haven’t told you about myself before…”