Don't Cry Your Heart Out: A Cody Simpson Love Story (9)

Start from the beginning

I grabbed my Juicy Couture tote bag and put in sun screen, tanning lotion, a towel, an extra pair of clothing, deodorant and my hair products.

My hair was placed in a high, neat bun with my bangs curled flowing on either side of my face.

"Do I have any wrinkles yet?" Alli sighed, leaning on my doorway with her arms crossed.

I slipped on my flip flops and grabbed her arm, leading her downstairs.

"I didn't take that long." I insisted.

"You're right. If we were really in the future, I would have seen a ring on your finger and Cody's babies clinging onto you." Alli smirked.

I turned around and shoved her playfully.

She stumbled down the last step. "Sheesh woman, kill me, why don't you?" She gasped.

I turned around and winked. "Glad to."

We laughed and she lead the way to her backyard.

Alli's backyard was bigger than mine for sure. She had a trampoline, an underground heating pool, a black top, a basketball court and a playset.

"I'm gonna go change into my bathing suit, kay?" Alli said.

I nodded and walked over to a pool chair. I set my Juicy Tote bag down on the chair and lay out my towel.

I started taking off my clothes and piled them beside the chair neatly. I walked over to a small table filled with magazines.

I picked up a Seventeen Magazine and put on my sunglasses. I laid down on the chair and put on my SPF tanning lotion.

Once I was done, I relaxed and began reading the magazine, waiting for Alli to come back and join me.

It was a 92 F outside, and a nice day to go for a cool swim.

I closed my eyes and was about to fall asleep in the heat until I heard a revolving door.

Even with my sunglasses on, the sun was still bright.

"Hey, Alli, wanna do me a big favor?" I asked, smirking.

"Mhm."

"Wanna rub more tanning lotion on me? It's extremely h-o-t and I'm extremely l-a-z-y." I said, laughing.

"Mhm."

I sat up and started rummaging threw my Tote bag. I looked up and saw Cody grinning at me.

I gasped and looked around. "Where's Alli?" I asked carefully, placing the tanning lotion down beside me carefully.

"Mm-mm?" Cody shrugged, still smiling. He walked toward me and I shoved him.

"I really thought you were Alli!" I said.

Cody started laughing. "That's not very manly." I winked.

"I could be your man." He said playfully, sitting down beside me.

I rolled my eyes. I pretended to look down and read the magazine while I was secretly blushing.

I realized a long time ago that playing 'it cool' wasn't going to work.

"Do you still need someone to help you with that tanning lotion?" Cody smirked.

I couldn't help but chuckle. I rolled up the magazine I was reading and hit him lightly on his shoulder.

"You're such a pervert!" I said.

"No I'm not. I'm just a regular fourteen year old boy." He smiled.