Chapter Twenty Seven

I could have died...should have died. I was closer to death this time than I was when I tried to commit suicide some years ago and at the rehab center.

My hand then went down to my stomach where I hope that my unborn child still grows. "Been through so much already," I whispered softly as I rubbed my stomach in small circles and sighed. "What a life."

Just as I was deep in my dazed thoughts, the door to the bedroom opened and then came his loud growl. Walking out of the bathroom, I opened the door to reveal my awaiting mate. His breath was heavy as his chest moved in and out slowly. Dante's hair was in a mess and his face shown of tiredness and lack of sleep.

His eyes traveled all over me slowly as if I was really there. Dante's pitch dark eyes then stopped down at my stomach and from where I stood, I could hear his heart beating loudly against the walls of his chest. "David said it was okay," he then hoarsely spoke making me smile. I walked over to him since he looked as though he couldn't move a muscle.

Lifting my arms, I wrapped them around his torso and then buried myself in his chest as his beating heart continue to beat loudly. A soft huff left his lips then he, too, wrapped his arms around me. Dante lingered a kiss to my head then down to my shoulder, tightening his hold a bit. "I never been so scared in my entire life," he whispered softly into my ear. "After I went after him and turned to look at you, you had looked so lifeless."

Dante pulled back and then caressed both my cheeks, looking deeply into my eyes as his dark chocolate ones filled with sadness yet relief. "David even said you weren't going to make it," his voice cracked as he spoke making my heart stop beating for that split second. "I wanted to be right next to you, holding you, but he told me it wasn't a good idea. And god...It was hard to just stay away. Seeing you asleep like you were felt like how you were back in the room in the Elder's facility."

"Although it had only been a day and a half, it felt like years not being able to hold you, touch you. Not being able to hear your sweet voice," he sweetly kissed the top of my head and held me closer. "My wolf made it a hundred times worst."

I deeply sighed then placed my hands on his wrists. "Are you okay?" I softly asked as I looked his face over. Dante shook his head as he took a small step forward. His jaw muscles moving as he swallowed hard. His eyes locked to my lips but hesitated to make the move.

Craning my head up towards him more I looked him straight in the eyes and whispered, "Come here, babe."

Slowly, he leaned down towards me and placed his lips over mine. It was the sofest kiss he had ever given me, I couldn't help but smile and wrap my arms around his neck and want to taste him even more. "I love you," I mumbled through our kiss.

Dante wrapped me up in his warmth, bringing us impossibly closer and deepened the kiss even more. Next thing I know, my back hit something soft and I was dipped deep into that softness as he became more intimate with want or need.

Breaking the kiss, Dante was on his elbows and placed his forehead against mine, both of us panting. Pecking me softly, he spoke in just as soft as a voice as his tough was, "I love you, shorty. I don't know what I'll do without you."

Dante moved down to my neck as I hugged him in place, kissing his hsoulder to his neck. Taking a good whiff of his intoxicating scent, I slowly let it out in a silent sigh. "I made a deal with the devil."

After telling Dante of my so-called dream, you could say he was a bit mad. No, no...I lied. He was really, over his head, mad.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" I quietly asked, staring at him as he changed clothes like I wasn't even there. Gosh...I didn't think he was going to be this childish. "Dante, talk to me."