2~ Look is not enough

Chapter 2

I was only halfway through blow drying my hair while my alarm clock rang. That meant I had only about 15 more minutes for my dad to come back with four guys whose names I won't even mention. My mind was still refusing to accept the fact that freaking 5 seconds of summer are working with my dad and I'm gonna meet them. And no matter how unbelievable it sounded, it was happening. To even highlight that breathtaking fact my iPhone started buzzing in my hand. That was my dad calling. I got paranoid because I realised that I'm still standing there with only a towel on, over thinking this current miracle instead of getting everything together, dressing up, putting some make up on and cleaning up downstairs. Great. 

-What now?- I know the only person I could ever blame for running out of time to impress the guys I'm obsessing about is myself. Still, I relieved my anger on my dad- I know dad, band you are taking care of for next two weeks is coming to our house in a short time and you decided to inform your daughter about it 30 minutes ago. Guess what? I'm the biggest, most pathetic and dedicated fangirl that 5 seconds of summer could ever had! And with that you are ruining my life chance to impress them!- I think I needed to let it all out. I was yelling in the speaker, throwing all of my clothes from the wardrobe on the floor. I had seriously nothing to wear. Then the voice on the other side of the line finally decided to speak: 

-Well, err... Don't worry we are stuck in the traffic jam so you still have some time, don't say you are pathetic none of our fans are... You there?- Was I there? Maybe physically. Because mentally I wanted to dig myself a hole and die in it. Obviously, I'd recognise this accent everywhere. I just told off Ashton Irwin who probably now imagines me as a little, loud, emotionally unstable 12 year old. And he comforted me I'm not pathetic. How more embarrassing could this all get? 

-Hello? Can you hear me? We will be at your home in 30 minutes it was nice talking to you!- silence. There wasn't enough time to think about what just happened and I wanted to forget, maybe he will as well. Thank god I didn't scream to the speaker, it was very demanding not to. I felt blessed with another 30 minutes of time so I decided to use them the best I can. I've chosen to wear the floral crop top and skater denim skirt. Daily intake of Dominos Pizza and Krispy Kreme donuts turned out to be very regrettable. My thigh gap eventually disappeared. I sat on my bed. 

-Can you get any bigger?!- I yelled at my legs. My thighs were spreading to the size of China but I won't lost a pound in the time I have left. I put on my push up tights which prevented my enormously big legs to look as fat as they actually did. A little scared, it was time to showdown with my face. In five minutes I put on all of masking zits products I had and then some transparent powder not to look so orange with that much foundation on. Now only the fake lashes (where are these little bastards I promise they were here five minutes ago... Ah here you are) and eyeliner. A little bit of red lipstick, and I'm done. I looked in the mirror to embrace the final effect. Sadly I was far from Kylie Jenner or Ashley Tisdale. I was still boring myself, lost, socially awkward 17 year old, endlessly obsessed with Australian band. Which is gonna be at my house in 10 minutes.

I left my room which looked like there was a tornado inside it and rushed downstairs. When I was fighting with too little cupboards and too much things to fit in them I started thinking about what's gonna happen in few minutes. My excitement to get to know Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael turned into a fear that they won't like me at all. Ashton already thinks I'm an obsessed little girl. But what if any of them won't fall in love with me? Or even talk to me? Maybe being a fangirl, who spends days on twitter stalking her eternal crushes is actually a good thing. Cause you live in this sweet dream that one day you will meet them and they will fall in love with you. Endlessly. Now I was just simply sure that there's not a chance. I have no idea how but I managed to clean entire living room. I gave it a final look. Big white sofa in the middle of the beige room with wall sized windows with the view on my garden. Walls covered with the cupboards and paintings, old TV under one of them and a table with 4 different chairs. In that moment I realised that it isn't that bad, at least I was hoping that boys will like the house if it doesn't seem believable that they will like me.

-Knock knock!- the doors opened and my dad came in smiling wider than usual- Wow, is this the same house I entered hour ago?- he said admiring my cleaning skills- I will help boys with the instruments and luggage!- and he ran to them looking like their over caring mum. I went up to the window and looked trough it. They were really here. Looking perfect as a girl would imagine, wearing these deathly tank tops showing their amazing arms, and beanies. You could never tell they just landed in California after long flight all the way from Sydney. They still look like the sex gods. Ashton got his ridiculously big backpack (what does he even carry inside it) from the car and turned back. He spotted me in the window and waved at me with his cute, cheeky smile. I realised that I am literally staring at them with my mouths opened. Trying to look cool I waved back and slowly stepped back from the window but the voice in my head kept on screaming "Ashton 2 : Olivia 0!". Then all of them (and my poor dad) came in to my living room and everything started happening so fast I couldn't even think about what I should say, time to be spontaneous.  

- Hi! Nice to meet you- thank you Michael for deciding to break down the awkward silence, I thought. But he just said that not even picking his eyes up from his iPhone, went past me and sat on the sofa. 

- Hiiii...- I mumbled trying to sound cool when I actually wasn't. Because he was right there. The guy I could die for, they guy I've been dreaming about since a year, the guy every girl wants to have in her hallway pulling his white short converse off. I could admire Luke Hemmings forever but Ashton walked up to me, hugged me and laughed: 

-Our biggest fan in the world! Hi there! I imagined you in a totally different way- he said and laughed again. I wasn't shocked he was making fun of my in this lovely way but I wasn't even mad. His giggle was heaven- We will stay there only for tonight and then we will move to the Penn Hotel, thank you so much for having us! 

-Not a problem- I said and smiled. Inside I was screaming of happiness. One whole day with 5 seconds of summer for myself. I could see every girl in our fan base being jealous of me. 

-Where's Calum?- I asked looking at Luke praying he will finally say something to me but he just went past, sat next to Michael and mumbled :"nice socks". What? Holy crap, I was still wearing my fluffy orange socks from my pjs. Interesting choice of clothing, I thought quickly pulling them off and throwing under the kitchen counter. 

- I'm here! - Calum walked from the bathroom doors giving me the cutest look ever. - Hello there beautiful, you are Olivia right? 

- Just call me Liv- I said. Did Calum Hood just called me beautiful? I wanted to jump off the roof from the happiness but instead I surprisingly get the conversation going- so you guys, how do you like California? What are you planning for today?- And regardless that Ashton started telling me how perfect the States are and how he loves my house and that they planned so much for today and I need to go with them, all I could hear was Luke, whispering to Michael: 

-Someone tell her to calm down. We surely like California much more than her.