Chapter 22- Dinner Of Surprises (Part 1) (✔ edited)

Start from the beginning

“T-thank you!” She thanked cracking a big smile across her face. “I was worried!” She pouted making Stephen smile knowing his effect on Priscilla.

“Sorry, Denise.” He apologized, tucking Priscilla’s hair that was misplaced behind her ear and rubbed his thumb on her cheeks in a circular motion. Ysabella and Charles just looked at each other and smiled on how sweet and thoughtful Stephen was to their daughter.

Simon then coughed a little making the two love birds look at his direction. “I should get going, I guess. Congratulations, Priscilla and it’s really a pleasure to see you Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton.” He said as he forced a smile on his face before walking off. Ysabella and Charles just smiled and waved at him as he walked off.

“Well, we’ll see you in a bit, eh? We have to go to our home first to make sure everything has been set up.” Ysabella said awkwardly looking at the two whose hands were entwined.

“Definitely, Mrs. Hamilton” Stephen courteously answered, smiling at Ysabella and Charles.

“We’ll leave you then.” Charles said as he waved his hand before turning around towards his Mercedes. “It’s a formal dinner and don’t be late.” He reminded before opening the door of the passenger’s seat for his wife.

“So?” Stephen said cracking the comfortable silence between him and Priscilla as he squeezed her hands a little. “What are supposed to do?” He asked leaning closer towards her, making her blush.

“I don’t know?” Priscilla replied giggling at him, looking straight at his green orbs.

“That was Simon earlier, isn’t it?” He asked with an obvious jealousy on his face as his eyes drifted off from Priscilla’s brown orbs to the bouquet of roses Simon gave.

“Is someone jealous?” She replied playfully, biting her tongue, trying her best not to laugh nor giggle.

“Well, he is jealous.” Stephen smirked, emphasizing the pronoun ‘he’.

Priscilla then chuckled before answering: “I bet.” Priscilla then turned around, not letting go of Stephen’s hand and walked off.

“Peach roses mean congratulations, do you know?” Stephen blurted.

“Nope but thanks for letting me know.” Priscilla answered popping the ‘p’. “Learned a lot from Annette, yeah?”

“Not really? I guess?” He answered. It was true that he learned something from working with Annette but it was merely because of his mom who loves flowers. Every time he would stroll around their garden with her mom when he was young, Queen Victoria would tell her the meanings of the flowers in their garden.

“Uhm, wait.” Stephen said as he stopped Priscilla from her track. Priscilla then looked at him and gave him a questioning look. “Just to clarify things, are we dating yet?” he asked with an unsure tone. “I mean, are we like a couple yet?” He asked biting his lower lip, scratching the back of his head with his free hand. Priscilla then chuckled at his question. “What’s funny?”

“You” She replied sticking her tongue out. “Well, if you don’t want to be my boyfriend then fine, I’ll just look for someone else.” She added casually as she lets go of Stephen’s hand. “Hmm… maybe Simon? Or I’ll look for another, what do you think?” She teased, pretending to think hardly.

“No way! You will never do that.” Stephen replied as he walks in front of Priscilla and inched his face closer. “I will never allow other men to replace me in your life, over my dead body.” He said sternly at the same time playfully before he planted a soft kiss on Priscilla’s lips.