Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again (preview)

Start from the beginning

I shake my head before responded with, "No, I've never met him in person."

"He was on the show yesterday."

"Really? I didn't know that."

"Yeah, look, here's a clip," she points to the television in between us and all too suddenly, a clip began playing. It was Mark James, sitting in the chair I'm currently in, with Kathy in hers.

He was wearing forest green, buttoned down collared, shirt with the first two unbuttoned; his left ankle lying comfortably on his right knee. I could see the green in his eyes were lit with admiration as Kathy asked him about his interview in the magazine and about him liking me.

He shifted his blonde hair back and smiled adorably, the smile that draws millions of his female fans wild. "Yeah I think she's very beautiful and talented. I've never actually met her but I've seen a couple of interviews she's been in and she seems to have such a great personality," he answered.

"She's going to be on the show tomorrow, do you want me to send a message for you?"

His eyebrows shot up in thought.

"Yeah, just tell her I said hello and uh...call me," he added the last on quickly with a sly smile, making a phone with fingers and placing it at his right ear. The crowd laughed.

The clip ended and the screen returned to the flowery picture it was on at first. The crowd began cooing with 'awws'. I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Now, is he you're type or....?" Kathy asked me.

"Haha, I'm pretty sure he's every girl's type," I reminded her with a laugh. Women in the crowd clapped in agreement. I notice what Kathy's trying to do. She's trying to set Mark James and me up. She's notorious for making celebrity couples, so I caught on quick. "But honestly, I'm not looking for a relationship right now," I tell her and everyone else.

Better to admit it now before rumors start to spread about me dating someone...

***

The rest of the interview went smoothly. While leaving the studio, I signed a few autographs for the audience members and headed towards the limo waiting patiently for me. "Great interview Isyss," Andrea was complimenting me as she followed me into the limo. The door closed behind her, and it was then I noticed a golden envelope sitting on the seat, in clear view. I picked it up and looked at the it curiously.

The only greeting was in white, cursive letters saying You're Invited! I looked towards Andrea, who nodded her head before speaking. "Oh yeah, those came for you earlier during your interview. I just told them to let Andy put it in the limo," she explains, Andy being my limo driver.

My limo....gawd lee, I never thought I'd be saying that. In all honesty, I didn't even want a limo; it's a little too flashy for my taste. But Jackie, my manager, insisted on using one whenever I need to make a huge appearance somewhere. I'd told her I'd rather drive myself, so she got me a new car.

Yeah, I ditched my old car for a new one. Well, technically, I gave my old car to Courtney for our high school graduation. Now, I know what some people may be thinking: Why not buy her a brand new car?

Well, around graduation, I still wasn't too deep into modeling; therefore I didn't have that much money. My new car was a welcoming, graduation gift from Teen Scene Magazine.

Gawd lee, I haven't seen my bestfriends in a long time. The last time I'd spoken with Quentin was maybe a few months back. He was telling me about his new girlfriend and how much he liked her. He said her name is Michelle; they met in college, and are now living together. Good for him.

The last time I talked to Courtney, she was telling me about how great her book was going. Yep, that's right, you heard correctly, Courtney King's an author. So far, her books reached number one for our city's best-seller's list.

When I last talked to her, also maybe a few months back, she told me about how she's trying to expand it throughout the nation. I can't even express how ecstatic proud of her I am.

But here's the thing, she won't even let me read it. I know right! Talk about being rejected! Only thing she told me was that the novel is called Sooner or Later...We'll Be Together and that the main character's names are Calvin and Isabelle.

Yep, that's right, it's a romance novel. With all those soap operas and books she use to read while growing up, it only makes sense to right a romance book. She and Brent Daniels are still going strong. Good for them.

As of Cory...yeah, I don't really know what's going on with him. The last time I'd spoken with him was when I'd spoken with Courtney. Well, me and him didn't actually speak.

I had to send him a greeting through Courtney since he was too occupied with something, so he couldn't chat. Courtney told me that he's doing great though, so good for him. I wonder what he's been up to lately...

Anyway, back on topic. So I'm sitting here with this envelope in my hands, wondering who it's from. Duh Isyss, open it and you'll find out. I flip it over and rise up the tongue, revealing a shiny, silver card. I furrow my eyebrows as I pull it out.

Wow, if this is from a fan then they've really outdid themselves. As I read the words that are perfectly sculpted into the card, my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"OH MY GOD!!" I yelled suddenly, the shock overwhelming.

"What?" Andrea questioned, seeming scared. I looked over to her, her dark brown eyes wide with confusion and fear as she stared at me.

"Phone! I need a phone!" I yelled to her through my adrenaline rush. Oh my effing God! I can't believe this is happening!

I held out my hand, shaking it impatiently. Andrea dung deep into her purse and retrieved my phone that she had been carrying. "What's going on?" she asked in pure confusion. I ignored her and dialed the number that was mentioned if more information is need.

A familiar voice picked up the phone with an, "Hello?"

"WHAT THE HELL?! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!" I shouted to the person on the other end, not bothering to hide the complete and utter shock from my voice.

I have to get home...now!

[AN: I know this is kind of a sucky chapter, but it's just so you all can get a glance at how Isyss' modeling has turned out...sorry if it's a bore b/c I know you all have high expectations for this book, which is a good and bad thing b/c it puts A LOT of pressure on me :( BUT, like always, get ready for another tale of Cory and Isyss! I have a lot of funny, sexy, surprising, and hot chapters in store! :)

Anywho, it's time foooooooooorrrrrrr, "Know Your Characters!"

Question #1: Who do you think is getting married? Courtney? Quentin? Cory maybe?]