Chapter 1 - Kaluwalhatian

This is it, finally, Bathala granted me my wish. A wish that I've been longing for my whole lifetime, to become a human. Sigurado ako you've heard about gods and goddesses taking a mortal form to fulfill their duties and to help the lost. Pero kaming mga minor goddesses o diwatas  wishes to experience these things as well but we can't do it on our own, hindi katulad ng mga major gods and goddesses.

Diwatas and nypmhs needs to ask for Bathala's permission, because we, nymphs have a duty to fulfill too. We have lived ever since Bathala ruled the earth, he then created us and assigned us different tasks. I never aged since then. 

Bathala created us to assist the gods if they needed our help, to maintain the order as Bathala planned it and we are in charge to take good care of the nature and the animals. There are diwatas or nymphs of the forests (woods, trees), water nymphs (river, falls, streams, well,  marshes, lake ) and wind nymphs. I belong to the water nymphs, I have my very own lake. Humans call it Taal Lake which I assume came from my name Talia.

Diwatas are all created equally, no one is better than the other. Bathala gave us minor gifts such as invisibility, foreknowing of the future, healing, and many more but after wishing to become in a form of human hindi ko alam kung magagamit ko pa.

I asked Bathala to let me take up a human form, few of my friends did the same thing before most of them did not like the world of humans but there were some who stayed and remained a human forever meaning they were willing to give up their power so they never came back. I loved being a lake nymph but sometimes I wonder what life is out of this lake. And it's up to the future ME to find out.

Being a human meant that I will experience time faster than usual. One sleep at night for me would be weeks or months in their time. I will be sent into someone else's body but I will not have it forever. After I finished the lifespan as a human I will be back to my normal self. Bathala talked to me in one of my dreams. In my dream, I was in Kaluwalhatian with Bathala. I couldn't see his face clearly because it was too bright but I know it was Bathala.

"Bathala, my lord" I said as I bowed before him

"I have been serving you for a thousand of years. I hope that you grant my only request. I want to become a mortal even for just one lifetime" I pleaded

"Why do you want to become one of the mortals? Are you not contented?" he asked worriedly

"Bathala, no it's not that. I am indeed grateful but.. but I want to experience what mortals have companions, love, family all these things... it is...everything I do not have" I said

Bathala did not say a word.

"All my life I have been watching for the mortals to come and go. No one ever want to stay with me. I cannot help but feel lonely at some point. I want to experience how to live a life being a mortal. If I proved that the mortal life is not for me then I am willing to go back to the life I always had" I continued

"I see." He said

"I will grant the desire of your heart because your intentions are pure. If this is want you want then I will give it to you. My guidance will be with you." Bathala said

"Maraming salamat panginoong, Bathala" I said as I bowed again in front of him

I woke up from my heavenly dream. I roamed around the taal lake for the last time. I still cannot believe Bathala allowed me to become one of the mortals. I reached a giant acacia tree, I tried to wake up my fellow diwata, Acia. She is the nymph of all the trees in this place.

"Are you all right?" she asked as she walked out of the tree

"Yes but I will be leaving for a while." I told her

"To where? You know we cannot go any further of our assigned places"

"Yes I know, not in our form. I will be spending one lifetime as a mortal" I explained

She gasped "What?! Bakit? We've heard awful things and we've seen awful things happened as well. Human world is not for us!! Hindi ka ba natatakot?"

"Of course not! I will be fine. I can go back anytime if I want to, Look, I've been dreaming for this  ever since. I want to explore their world, I want to experience many things too." I told her

"Well, promise me you will take care of yourself and make sure to visit me. Magpapakita ako sayo pero mapapatunayan kong ikaw yun kung tatawagin mo ko ng tatlong beses sa pangalan ko."

She looked really worried

"I will, I promise. Please look after my lake from time to time, tsaka ingatan mo rin sarili mo" I asked and she nodded.

"I asked other sea nymphs to help you as well" I told her, she hugged me

"Okay, hihintayin kita ha. Let Bathala guide you." she said

I nodded "I will tell you stories to you when I come back. I promise!"

I slowly flew away to check upon my lake and my friends, the sea creatures. I made sure they were okay before I left. I told them I will be away for a while but I assured them that other nymphs will take care of them.