Thirty One

He placed his hand in the small of my back just above my ass as we walked to the car. He opened my door for me and once I was settled he got in and we were on the way. "The flowers were very sweet, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"It was nice that you picked them out yourself."

"Ollie is very good at this. Perhaps I shouldn't have given him such a hard time when he refused to buy them for me."

Just the thought of that conversation made me chuckle. Poor Ollie. "I can't see him agreeing to that."

"He told me it was the equivalent of fucking a blow-up doll. That the job gets done but it's fake and pathetic. Then we discussed fake flowers. Those are apparently only acceptable if you're dead or being hung on a door and even then they aren't his preferred option. To be clear I was not going to buy you fake ones, we were simply talking. And for the record people don't fit well in doorframes and I'm not planning on suspending you in or on one."

"Understood Sir." He was talking to me and we were heading to a restaurant. On a date. I almost pinched myself. I had never been to the place he chose but I couldn't have cared less if he'd taken me to McDonalds. As soon as we walked through the door I was impressed; the place smelled amazing. "This looks wonderful."

"I hope you enjoy it." He ordered us a bottle of wine and pulled out his little notepad. It finally dawned on me that he had taken notes. I hadn't been certain at the house but when he glanced down and then said "You look very nice this evening" I almost burst out laughing.

I held it in though. "Thank you. You do too." He seemed pleased with my comment although I wasn't sure if it was because he appreciated the compliment or because it fit in with his plan for the evening. "Sir?"

"Yes?"

"How did you figure this out? You told me you didn't know how to do any of this but this is a picture-perfect date." It was worth a shot even though I didn't expect an answer.

"I watched movies. I searched a few internet lists and compiled my own top-twenty list. I started with Titanic before realizing it ended horribly which I knew of the ship but not of the romance part of the movie. After that I researched which ones had happy endings and narrowed my list down to 12."

"Wait, you watched twelve romantic movies? This week?"

"Thirteen with Titanic. Yes. Would you like the list?"

"No, no, that's not necessary. You watched thirteen movies to figure out how to date?"

"Yes."

"For me?"

"Yes."

I was speechless. Part of me was drowning in the sweetness of it and part of me was sad that he'd been forced to go to such drastic measures. "This is probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. You put a lot of effort into this. And you made a list or plan? In your notebook?"

"Yes, I have an outline. I will memorize it eventually but I didn't have time to do so this week. I will modify it as needed. There weren't any movies on my list that starred two men nor a Dom and sub but since you wanted a 'date' this was the best idea I could come up with. Kevin okayed it, is it not appropriate?"

"It's fine Sir, it's actually really amazing." Dinner arrived and it was excellent. I let him off the hook and didn't try to converse while we were eating. This entire evening was probably stressful for him and even though he always told me not to be, I was worried for him.

"The movie starts at 7:50. There is an alternate title playing at 7:55 if you do not like my selection. Are you ready to go?"

"I am, thank you for dinner." He signed the credit slip and helped me into my jacket. We did indeed watch the movie he had picked and he held my hand during it which was definitely my favorite part of the night. I was surprised when he walked me to my door afterwards although he'd been such a perfect gentlemen that I shouldn't have been. "Would you like to come in?"

"I am supposed to say 'yes' but I would rather not if that's okay? I don't want to ruin our date but..."

"It's fine Sir, you don't have to. We could have gone to your place, I know you're more comfortable there."

"I would rather not blur the lines. This is your date night." He ran the pad of his thumb gently down my lips . "I had a very nice time. Good-night Chris."

"Sir?"

He stopped a few feet away and turned back. "Yes?"

"Thank you."

"You'll be over Sunday at noon?"

"Yes Sir."