"No!" Jack whisper-shouted. "Of course not!"

Relief flooded me like a tsunami.

"Ratchet's mad that you kept him waiting," Jack replied. My relief wasn't a tsunami anymore. It was a tidal wave. The relief was receding, just like water did.

Great.

Vince walked by us to his own car, before Jack walked up to him.

"Where's the notebook?"

"What notebook?" Vince asked.

"Cassidy's notebook," Jack replied pointedly, gesturing to me. Vince looked at him, pretending to be confused.

"Ooh...that notebook! Who's Ratchet, by the way?"

I could see Jack trying to hide his shock.

"...Nobody. Just a friend."

"And...Optimus? Autobots? Decepticons?"

"That's just what we call our friends. It's...a science fiction club. Yeah. Just a science fiction club," Jack replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

Vince smirked, watching Jack. I knew he knew Jack was lying. Jack is terrible at lying.

"Trash can next to Higley's History class," he said as he got into his car and sped off. Once he did, Arcee's front wheel was looking straight at Jack.

"Uh...hi," he greeted her nervously.

"The science fiction club excuse again?" she scoffed.

"L-later. We need to get the notebook," Jack replied, before Miko suddenly let go of me and ran into the school. I grabbed a pole, and when Miko returned, my black composition notebook was in her hand. I grabbed it and flipped over to a page.

Thank you.

"No problem," Miko smiled. Ratchet honked, and I rolled my eyes, hopping to him on my good foot. He opened his door for me, and I got inside. His engine turned over, and he drove off.

"Charge, what was that about?"

I shook my head, trying to tell him it was nothing.

"Charge," Ratchet said firmly.

I sighed, taking my pencil and writing an explanation in my notebook.

Another student found my notebook and read all the things I've ever written and learned about Autobots and Decepticons, but doesn't know they're giant robots from Cybertron.

Once I showed him my answer via side mirror, he let out a long sigh. I hurriedly erased it; afraid that Vince could jump out at any moment and read what I wrote. I erased all my previous answers about the 'bots, too.

"Great."

The five-letter word made me stop erasing.

"Just great."

I wrote something, but decided against it and erased it again.

"Charge, what were you thinking? You nearly blew our cover! We are robots in disguise. If we fail to keep that status your government will have us out of here before we could say 'Cybertron'!" Ratchet suddenly burst out. I stayed silent, knowing I deserved it. I added to Ratchet's lecture by asking myself again how I could be stupid enough to leave evidence of the Autobots' existence. What if Lillian or my parents found out?

Ratchet grumbled the rest of the ride, and I couldn't make out anything he said.

The others were waiting when I got back. Ratchet opened his door and I scrambled out, and cringed when he slammed it behind me. I refused anyone's help and hopped up the stairs, which was slightly awkward, and sat on the couch next to Raf. The Autobots were looking at me. I wrote something in my notebook.

By the way, Miko...he didn't care about my foot.

"Yeah. Sorry," Miko replied. I erased my comment immediately and looked up, still seeing them looking at me.

"Cassidy..." Arcee sighed.

"Don't. I already talked to her." Ratchet stopped Arcee. Optimus walked into the room.

"Talked to whom about what?" He asked calmly, looking at Ratchet.

I bit my lip, wishing they would stop focusing their attention on me.

"My charge. She-"

Ratchet's reply was interrupted by his computer, which was beeping rapidly.

"Decepticon activity, along with a Dark Energon signal," Ratchet said grimly.

"We cannot allow Megatron to take the Dark Energon into his possession," Optimus stated as he transformed. Arcee, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead transformed after him.

"Go get 'em, Bulk!" Miko cheered.

"Only if you stay in the base," Bulkhead replied as he drove through the GroundBridge Ratchet had just opened. Miko rolled her eyes as the bridge closed after Optimus. Ratchet looked up and stared at me, before scoffing and looking away. I ducked my head back into my notebook.
~~~
Well, that was a giant mistake on Cassidy's part. Ratchet really seems mad. :S
So...you think Vince should find out about the 'bots? ;)
I don't even know how many pages it was. At least 5.
Sorry for the late update, guys. Busy week.

Till next time! :D

*disappears*