Chapter 22

Dinner passed by without incident and everybody was happy, the feeling liberated me and allowed me to breathe slightly. I watched as my family teased each other, as my mother and father sat next to each other as if they were teenagers, and as the children enjoyed being just that. We couldn't take away their happiness, the only thing we could do was to add to the little bit that was there. Vixie sidled up next to me and slid something into my back pocket before she walked away, whistling to herself. I rolled my eyes and ignored her dramaic flare and continued to eat my soup. Hearty and delicious, say whatever you wanted to about the Gods they made awesome food. Vixie sat next to me and sent a pointed look at me, to which I ignored and watched my family eat. Libby was devouring her soup before she stopped, her spine stiffening as she straightened. My brows crinkled before I heard it, the rush of feet. I stood up and blocked everybody's ears with magic, they'd only hear each other and nothing else. Libby shook off the magic and stood too, rushing past me. With a slight huff I ran after her, not using my full speed knowing she was using hers. She ran toward the main hall, towards the sound of the footsteps; towards danger. With a slight gasp I added my full speed and ran into her, as she stopped in her tracks. I followed what she was staring at and realized why she'd been the only one that had reacted so greatly. The Master's had come, all of them. They had followed Mason and Marcella's lead and behind them their mother an father. Their mother was a famous vamp, rumored to be one of the first batch; Liliana. They got their blue eyes from her, her hair was a pale blond. Her eyes and her mouth held lines that gave off her age and happiness through the years. She wore black, like the rest of them, and her clothes, like always, stuck to her body showing her lithe form. Their father stood next to her, his black hair tousled and his brown eyes tired. They'd been running, hard.

"You guys finally made it! Just in time for dinner!" I greeted them, stepping past my shocked sister.

"Luna, dear! It's so nice to see you again! And I love your new place, so... rustic." She giggled and smiled a great big one and gave me a hug equal to it. Their dad, Richard, smiled and didn't look too dark anymore while giving me a hug and kissing my forehead. He was like my second dad, he welcomed me almost immediately after me and the twins became friends.

"Make yourselves at home! If you're having trouble finidng a room let me know. I'll rough 'em up for you." They both chuckled and walked past their kids towards the scent of food. Liliana and Richard were both very old vampires, they'd been around since the balance started. When they first started they were blood thristy, the stuff of nightmares; they made the legends what they were. But they'd had time to curb their appetite, time to go the vegan way. When they had kids they were determined to make sure that they would never had the conscience of a killer. They ate food like humans, but occasionally the 'call of the wild' would be too strong. Vamps still needed to eat. I turned around and looked at the twins. Mason and Libby were still locked on each other, neither of them moving but staring at each other. Marcella, however, was looking directly at me with her arms crossed.

"You really think we're gonna be welcomed here with open arms? Vamps and Were's have never gotten along." I pointed a finger at me and her with a raised brow.

"You're different, you're weird." I rolled my eyes and walked to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"We were all hunted, we were all singled out. They'll understand that, and if they don't... I'm pretty sure you still have that note." I smirked when she chckled and shook her head. She walked away without sparing her brother or me a second glance and left me with the love birds. Looking at them both I stood back and nibbled on my lip. Mason took a step forward after a while and my eyes widened; Libby inhaled quickly. He took two more steps and held out his hand.

"No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore. It's your turn, to take a seat we're settling the final score. And why do we like to hurt so much? I can't decide, you have made it harder just to go on. And why, all the possibilities where I was wrong?" Shock filled me and wrapped us in an air pocket. This was a decision that she needed to make, whatever it was. Without influences from the outside, including but not limitied to Lina and Jesse.