Chapter 7

The air blowing, and potentially fucking up, my hair allowed my mind to gain a little bit of freedom. It was hard trying to appease everybody and make sure everybody had what they needed. Pile that on top of the whole teenage angst thing would be enough to ake even the most drama craving people cringe, growling i cranked the gas and leaned forward.

"Whoa whoa whoa there speed racer," Philly's voice popped in my head wit slight humor "Ma wants you to stop by for breakfast."

"My mother feeds me plenty, thank you very much." Was my growled response even as I turned around.

"Hmm." Was al I got back, making me growl slightly. She wlways did that, mainly because she was a cat and she needed to have the final say in anthing; it was infuriating, almost as much as spending a lot of time on a message and then get a simple minded k as an answer. I zoomed back to Hell's Gate and stopped in front of Philly's house, hopping off the motor cycle with grace and smoothing smy skirt slightly. I could smell ham and already my mouth watered, I loved pork and her mother knew that. Somehow I knew I would be asked of something I did not want to do. With a groan I headed to her door.

"You want me to do what!?" I screamed, causing the children around me to giggle, I threw them all glares before looking back to their mother. Maria DeAngela was a beautiful woman, her brown curly hair was striked with every color imaginable and seemed to always be curly. I knew several older woman who hated her for it, amongst other things; like her resilint skin that never showed one imperfetion or wrinkle, and her brilliant body.

"I just need you to watch them for a couple of days, with Felicia, while her father and I head to go visit family." Her accent, though cute some days, was starting to really grate on my ears.

"Philly is a big girl, she can watch triplets on her own!! Anna does it all the time!" It seemed like all the mothers had gone loopy today!

"I don't care about what Anna does, honey, and somethign tells me neither do you. Please, Luna. You'd be doing me a solid and I'd ay you back for it, anything you want. Name it and it'll be yours." Those black eyes pleaded with me as more ham was piled onto my plate. I sighed and broke down, I knew it would've happened with my mother eventually.

"Fine... but I'll expect at least three more of these by the end of the month!" I said, making it appear as if I'd won. Philly strolled in with a smirk on her face and a glint in her silver eyes. Yeah right, they said as they flicked to mine briefly before aiming toward the fridge, you won the gift of being told what to do! Oh wait, you already had that. I cursed at her in spanish in my mind and heard her tittle a bit as she gulped some orange juice. She retorted back her curse in korean and I rolled my eyes before chowing down on my last piece of ham before standing.

"Oh and by the way, Luna, I absolutley adore your outfit." Maria purred, actually purred, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, you already got me lady." I grumbled and walked out, being accompanied by Philly.

"What your doin'... it's real nice. Ma really needs a vacay and those three are like hell on a skewer. It's not like they mean to be, it's just.... ugh why am I even doin' this?" She growled, tugging at her mahogny strands. I raised a brow and looked at her, it was nice to see the cat all frizzle frazzled.

"Maybe because you actually care how I feel?" I inquired, tossing her a raised eyebrow before hopping on my bike. She pouted and put a hand on her jean clad hips, looking at my bike before looking at me with a pointed look.

"It's what I bought out, you can very happily take your mom's mini van and then become carpool central for Hell's Gate if you wish; but I don't want to be in a stuffy environment." I said, kicking up the stand and throwing my leg around it to sit on the seat.

"But my hair." She said trailing off pointedly.

"You can conjure up your own damn helmet, hell you can manipulate the elements and keep the wind away from you." I grumbled and revved the engine once before throwing her a look. She scoffed and snapped her fingers, a sparkly pink crossbow helmet appeared on her head and with a wink she got on the back of my bike.

"You don't even like pink." I growled before ripping the road and going to school.