5 Days Later

Chris

It had been 5 days since Jordin and I have been on the run, we have been staying in a Hotel in Texas. The first night was hard for the both of us especially for Jordin, she wouldn't stop crying.

Since people were looking for us we had to change our appearance. Jordin dyed the ends of her hair a chestnut brown while I dyed my hair blonde.

I suggested that she just cut her hair shorter but he argued me down about it so we settled for a hair dye.

"We're on the news" I heard Jordin say as she turned the volume on the TV up. I sat up and focused in the TV

Two college students one male and one female have been on the run for about a week, they're both wanted for murder.
Christopher Maurice Brown who is 22 years olds is six feet one inches tall, has dark brown hair and eyes. Jordin Brianna Sparks who is 21 is six feet has black hair and light brown eyes. If you see them make sure to call authorities, They're known to be dangerous.

Jordin turned the TV off  "Known to be dangerous? I wouldn't hurt a fly"

"Well according to that news report you are" I said laughing. She walked over to the bed and then laid down.

"How long will we have to be like this?" She asked looking up at the ceiling.

"I don't know but I plan on leaving later on tonight, we've been here too long?"

"Where are we going next?"

"Well I've always wanted to go to California" I stated

"Me too, I wish I had my phone" she pouted.

"For what so you can look through your Instagram?" I asked laughing.

"No, I'm supposed to go on a date with Jason tomorrow"

I sat up, "Jason who, that fuck boy Jason?"

"Why do you always call him a fuck boy?"

"Because he is"

"No he isn't" she said kissing her teeth.

I ignored her. She right he ain't a fuck boy, I just don't like his ass. He's had a crush on Jordin since freshman year and so have I. It's cool being best friends with her but not when you have strong feelings that just won't go away.

"Jordin" I said snapping out of my thoughts.

She looked over at me "Yeah?"

"I just want you to know that whatever happens I love you"

"I love you too Chris"

"No like I love you, not like some friendship type shit, I got some strong ass feelings for you Jordin and I want you to know before its too late" she just looked at me with a blank expression. We sat in silence for a good 5 minutes before she decided to speak.

"For how long?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"How long have you had these feelings?"

"Since freshmen year" she nodded

"Well thanks for telling me, I wish you would've told me earlier"

"Youre welcome I guess"

"I'm gonna sleep wake me up when its time for us to leave" she laid down with her back faced towards me.

----

I shook Jordin lightly until her eyes opened. She looked up at me then mumbled something.

"I need to go get us some food before we leave to California so get your big ass head off my chest" she punched my arm then sat up.

"Start packing I'll be at the convenience store across the street" I walked over to the chair that sat in the corner of the room and grabbed my jean jacket and some cash out my backpack. I walked out the room and down the hall to the elevator.

Once I made it to the lobby I smiled at the check out lady behind the desk before exiting through the double doors. I walked across the street to the convenience store. Soon as I entered I made my way to the back of the store where the cold drinks were. I got 2 bottles of powerade and 3 bottles of water. I walked down one of the aisles and grabbed two bags of chips, a pack of oreos and a bag of sunflower seeds. I figured I had everything I needed so I walked to the front of the store ready to pay.

There was a woman and her daughter who looked no older than 3. While the mom was paying the daughter kept tapping her leg and begging her to buy some candy.

After going back and forth the mother decided to buy the candy and be on her way. When I made it to the register I laid everything out on the counter and pulled some cash out of my pocket.

"You live around here?" The guy asked as he rang the stuff up.

"Nah I'm on a road trip with a friend" I stated making sure to not make any eye contact with him.

"Where y'all beaded?"

"No where in particular" I stated, I looked up at the store security mirror and saw a older looking white guy with a pair of sunglasses. For some reason he was rubbing me the wrong way, I slowly stepped back and started walking away from the counter.

"Excuse ne sir" the clerk said, I turned around and started running, the guy in sunglasses immediately started running after me, I ran into moving traffic dodging cars and quickly ran into the hotel. I ran over to the elevator and pressed the button continuously until it finally open. When I stepped in I saw the guy running towards me but luckily the elevator doors closed in time.

Once I reached the floor that Jordin and I were on I ran to our room banging on the door repeatedly until she finally opened it.