I Don't Know, I Just Wrote Him a Letter

I jumped to my feet and stumbled backwards, almost tripping a fallen book. He grabbed my hand before I fell and pulled my up. He was strong, so I flung forward towards his chest.

"Wow," He whispered, his British accent so enchanting.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're much too beautiful for any photos you could've sent."

I knew I was blushing wildly and I could see Hallie smirking in the corner like an idiot. "How did you do this?"

"Little sis met him on the plane. . .I don't even know how. . .but here he is!" Hallie looked from him to me back to him. "Oh. I'm just going to go downstairs and chill with your hot brother, Pipes!"

"Thanks," I chuckled. Hallie slowly (and somewhat reluctantly) backed out of my room and shut the door behind her. "Hi."

"'Ello. I don't think we've formally met. . .my name is Louis Tomlinson."

"Piper McAdams. . .I've heard a thing or two about you, Mr. Tomlinson."

"Keeping it formal, huh, Ms. McAdams?" Louis grinned, slyly. "And what exactly have you heard? All good things, I hope."

"Oh, I can't say that they're all good. My sources like to switch up on my a lot. The media is extremely tricky," I shrugged, feeling quite stalkish when I did a recap in my head of all the online articles and Youtube new updates I watched on One Direction and Louis. In the couple of minutes I'd been next to him, I wasn't sure whether those articles and videos got Louis right. I would have to see.

"Why are you here?" I asked, still amazed.

"I wanted to see you," He gave me a half-smile.

"Too cliché." I shook my head.

Louis threw his head back and laughed. "I did. Plus, I needed to get out of the house. Harry's sneaking about was making me nervous."

"Wait a minute," I paused. "They know you're here, right?"

"Well, all but Harry..." Louis laughed nervously. "But not exactly where I am...I didn't exactly know where I was going either. I just remember an return address saying San Fransisco on it and I knew I had to come here. Then I ran into your friend, Hallie, and here I am."

"Wow," I muttered. "That's crazy."

Just then, I heard a high pitched scream. "We'd better go see," I said, almost sprinting for the door. It sounded like Harper's scream. I had to go make sure she was alright.

Louis was fast at my footsteps when we raced down the staircase. I pulled into the kitchen. Harper was squatting near to the floor with her hands covering her mouth. Hallie was doing tuck jumps, springing up and down.

"Are you okay?" I cried out to my sister. I couldn't tell if something good or bad had happened. Louis grabbed my shoulder which surprised me. I sighed slightly under his touch. "What's going on?"

Hallie stepped aside and I had a full shot of my panting sister. "That. Is. LOUIS TOMLINSON!" Harper screamed. She sprung up and and started to hop up and down, clapping her hands excitedly.

I looked at Louis, embarrassed. "Um..."

Harper bolted towards Louis. He laughed and opened his arms out for her. Harper burst into tears. "Louis, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH!"

"Don't cry," Louis soothed. "Shhh, shhhh."

Harper glanced at me. "What did you do?" She laughed through her tears.

I shrugged and grinned at her. "I don't know, I just wrote him a letter."

James sprinted in. "Harper! Are you okay?!" James looked from Harper to Louis to Hallie to me. "Who're you?" He demanded in a flat voice.

"James!" Harper spun around. "It's Louis Tomlinson! From One Direction!"

James eyes bulged. "You're a singer...or...?"

"Yes, and songwriter," Louis replied.

James rose his eyebrows. "So, what're you doing here?" I swallowed. James was acting incredibly reserved to Louis.

"Um, I came to visit a friend. You're, um, sister here." Louis stuttered. Shoot, James. You're making him so jittery.

"Okay," James rubbed his chin. I found him staring at me now. "We'll talk about this later. Are you hungry?"

Louis glanced at me for approval. I nodded. "Yes," Louis said. "I've had to survive on airplane cookies for the past couple of hours."

I hurried towards to fridge to get Louis something to eat when James stopped me. "Piper, a...friend is outside waiting for you. He told me to send you out." A friend? I looked at Hallie. She seemed confused.

"Okay..." I sighed. "Louis, I'll be back. Stay here with Hallie, Harper, and James." Louis agreed.

"Hallie," I whispered as I passed by her. "Don't  let my brother kill him." Hallie giggled as she nodded in agreement.

I grabbed my black leather jacket off the coat stand and slipped it over my shoulders. I grabbed my purse and keys, not knowing who'd I encounter once I stepped outside.

I could hear James interrogating Louis more in the kitchen, but Harper and Hallie's laughter gave me reassurance and hope. James better have not been roasting Louis back there or just making him miserable.

I looked around. There were no cars parked in the driveways besides my siblings and mine nor any parked on the street. There was a single person to be seen except our crazy neighbor Joan who was dragging her cat on a walk.

"Hey," I jumped at the voice. I looked to my left and leaning against the old willow tree stepped out a teenage boy.

He flipped down his hood and I sighed at who it was.

"Wes," I shook my head. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you," Wes ran his hands through his hair.

"You know my brother will kill you if he sees you here," I pointed out.

"But he won't," Wes stepped forward. "He won't because I saw him at Walgreens...I sort of asked about you and he apologized and he brought me over here."

Wait, really? My brother, James, who'd just beaten Wes up for tricking me, invited Wes over? What was he thinking.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Do you want to go on a walk or something?" Wes asked. "I really just need to clear my head and I feel like I can only talk to you."

I chewed the inside of my cheek and glanced towards the house. I could hear more laughter. Things seemed to be going well inside; it couldn't hurt to just go on a walk.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at the desperate Wes. I gave him the smallest smile, and moving down the steps towards him, we started to walk.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heyo,

I am such a terrible writer. I feel like this is a public school, and we're going through budget cuts, but instead of cutting specials, I'm cutting words.

So here's the gist of everything: MCF (My Catching Fire) is currently on a break. I'm putting it on hold to work with some of my popular books. Super sorry if you've been waiting for the update for a while, but about a month ago I update an author's note basically saying I'm putting it on hold.

I'm also cutting down chapter size. I admit I'm not the best writer and although I have good ideas, it is super difficult for me to write when I get this terrible disease called w r i t e r ' s b l o c k. It's the worst man.

Anyways, sorry about these changes, but hopefully it'll increase update frequency. I've been pondering myself why I couldn't increase quicker and I think this is the real reason; I've been too busy worrying about chapter length that quality.

Thanks for listening to this ranty long a/n!

Love,

Ally<3