Girl Problems?

"I don't know how much longer I can do this!" I cried in frustration, kicking the leg of my desk. I regretted it instantly as I retracted my hurting foot.

Niall watched me with concern. "Well, she texted you," He pointed out. "Don't stop now, you got something going for you."

I did have something going for me. I barely believed it when I got the text from an unknown number and I barely believed anything when the unknown number confirmed she was Piper. I had been deep in a texting conversation with her until almost 1 o' clock in the morning, London time.

"It's killing me, Niall-" I started throwing my hands in the air. Suddenly, the door crashes open. I jumped back, scared out of my mind it would be Harry.

"What's going to kill you, mate?" Liam asked, entering the room. "Girl problems?"

I fell backwards and sighed in relief. Even Niall, who looked as frightened as I did, leaned pathetically against the wall.

"Something like that," I muttered.

"Oh, is this about that girl you're secretly in contact with against Harry's back? Did you have to let her go?" Liam patted my shoulder in pity as I stared at him, wide-eyed.

"How'd you know...?" I asked.

Liam shrugged and from the corner of my eye, I saw Niall laugh nervously and inch towards the door.

"Niall..." I said as I slowly stood up.

"Lou, mate!" Niall said, his hand grazing the doorknob. I made no hesitation to pounce on him and pin him to the ground. I was an athlete and was strong. Niall struggled against my hold.

"Who else knows?" I yelled in his face while Liam limply tried to detach me from the Irish lad.

"No one, really!" Niall cried, twisting his shoulders against my hands, trying to escape. "I swear, just me, and Liam, and...Zayn."

"Why don't you go tell Harry then too?" I said, lowering my voice but not changing my angry tone. "I'm sure he'd be happy to know my secret that you went and told everyone!"

"Louis!" Liam, who was quite sturdy, pulled me off Niall and shoved me onto my bed. "What's wrong with you, lad?!"

Niall slowly got up and stood next to Liam, rubbing his shoulder. I instantly felt guilty and angry with myself. I almost hurt my best friend. 

"Get it together!" Liam cried, gently pushing my shoulder and contradicting the fierceness in his voice. "What's come upon you?"

"I don't know!" I said, burying my head in my hands. "I just-I just. I just think I like her!"

Liam's face fell. The door creaked open and I no longer cared if it was Harry there. But, still luckily for me, it was only a confused looking Zayn. He stood quietly next to Niall, not questioning a single thing that was happening.

"What do you mean, Louis?" Liam asked me, sitting down next to me on the bed.

I rubbed my eyes sorrowfully. "I think I might have some feelings for this girl. And I don't know how or why."

"Have you seen the girl?" Niall asked. "Is she pretty?" I knew he was not asking for his own intentions, just to figure out why I liked her. But I'd never seen a picture of Piper McAdams. 

I shook my head. "She's never sent me a picture and trust me, if she did, I looked and couldn't find anything. But...I think...for all I care, she could be the most hideous girl in the world, and I'd still like her." And then and there, standing in front of my three best friends, realization dawned on me. I stood up and grabbed my backpack from the floor and emptied it of my dirty football cleats and socks. I grabbed my songbook, a couple random sets of clean clothes, stationary, and a couple pencils.