Chapter 36: I Hate to See Your Heart Break

*~(This chapter is gonna take place when Gerard got called to the office during class.)~*

*~(Also, the title of this chapter is from Hate to See Your Heart Break by Paramore.)~*

*~Gerard's P.O.V.~*

I was just in class minding my own business when the principal called me to her office. Earlier today, she came in to ask me if I had heard anything about any inappropriate relationships between teachers and students, so I said no. I thought she believed me, but why could she possibly be asking me to her office?

I made a quick joke to my class before I left for the principal's office. The principal was already waiting for me outside her office, and she didn't look happy. She led me to sit in front of her desk without a word.

"Mr. Way, we need to talk," she said. I just nodded.

"What's the matter, Mrs. Watson?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"I'm sure you remember our earlier discussion about inappropriate relationships between teachers and students, correct?"

I nodded. "I told you, I haven't heard anything about that happening at this school. If I hear anything, I'll definitely let you know."

"I'm not so sure you haven't heard anything about that happening, Mr. Way. There's a reason you get so scared when I mention it. So, let's make this easy. Just tell me the name of the student, and I'll get them out of the school immediately, then everything will be perfectly fine."

"You think I'm the one with an inappropriate relationship with a student? No way! I would never do anything with a minor. That's not only illegal, but it's morally wrong. I'd never do that," I lied.

"It didn't seem so morally wrong to you when you had an illegal relationship with a student at Belleville High, Mr. Way," she said, and my heart practically stopped. She knew about Eliza.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Oh, really? This phone call from a woman named Eliza today would suggest otherwise."

"With all due respect, Mrs. Watson, Eliza isn't exactly a reliable source for information on me. Yes, she is my ex-girlfriend, but she was over eighteen and no longer my student when I began seeing her. She's not the most mentally stable person around, and she's always giving away false information on me. Everybody knows this. You can ask my brother, or Mr. Toro, or almost anybody if you need to. I would never have a relationship with a minor," I lied.

"If you're lying about this, I can assure you, neither you nor your partner will ever be allowed on the school grounds again, and you could possibly be facing jail time. Also, good luck to your partner on finding a good college. Good colleges don't take people who were expelled," she said harshly.

"Fine by me. I assure you, Mrs. Watson, there is nothing going on between me and any of my students."

"I guess you won't be angry if I start supervising you in your classroom, then."

"That's perfectly fine. There is absolutely nothing going on with me and a student."

"We'll see about that. You can go now, Mr. Way. I'll figure this out on my own."

So then I left Mrs. Watson's office. I was terrified. What the fuck was I going to tell Sky? I'd have to tell her that we can't see each other anymore. Fuck, that's gonna crush her. I hate breaking her heart, but this time there's nothing I can do. If we get caught, she'll get expelled, then she'll never get into college, or amount to anything. I'm more worried about her than I am about myself.

I hate how much I break her heart, but this time I have to. It's for her own good.