Chapter 7- Ouch...

Start from the beginning

In the morning when I woke I was being spooned by Nate. One of his hands were still intertwined and the other was around my waist. I smiled silently and laid there with my mate till I hear the others waking.

Leo stuck his head in the door obviously noticing I hadn’t gotten up yet. I smiled at him sheepishly and then blushed thinking about what Nate did for me. He left and I turned in Nate’s tight embrace to see him smiling at me, awake.

“Morning” his voice husky.

“Morning” I whispered. I wanted to see Jamie today, obviously she would have gone through heat around the same time as me, she had Jake too and we talked about how she wanted to start a family. We only had a few short months till we graduate anyway,  and by then she would only just be starting the signs of her pregnancy to the world. I wanted more and more to be able to tell her that I didn’t want kids, ever. But deep down I knew that wasn’t true, I wanted them as much as Nate wanted them and I could tell he did.

“You need to have a shower.” Nate said braking my train of thought; he had obviously sensed I was thinking about our baby again. His hands relaxed around me till he was laying on his back, I crawled over him and got Leo’s school top, instead of getting the pathetic napkin that I unfortunately call a school skirt I dug around till I found a pair of black skinnies. It’s not like a detention would matter when I know I die in two years.

Two years. I let out a sigh and I made my way to the bathroom the hot water was pounding on my back and I let my mind wander. Jamie and I had talked about raising our kids together, they would be friends or they would have to tolerate each other as we were friends. I wanted more than anything to have that come true now. A knock at the door signalled for me to hurry up. I turned the water off and grabbed my towel. I dressed quickly and left my hair down, I put on some eyeliner and then put on a large amount of mascara, that was it for my make-up.

Nate was already dressed and ready with my school bag next to him on my bed. He let out a small chuckle at the sight of me. a brief kiss was shared then we walked down to the kitchen. Everyone was down their already and I saw a pile of muffins from yesterday.

Picking one up I nodded to everyone then went to wait by the car, Nate was coming with us to school in our car so I sat in the middle of the backseat. Leo, Art, Mikey and Nate all joined me soon and we were off. The radio was playing on some 80’s channel but no one made a move to change it or turn it off.

We were at school before I knew it and Jamie was waiting in front of our normal car park with a beaming smile. Art and Mikey got out first. Leo, Nate and I got out reluctantly, I didn’t really want to hear how Jamie was getting everything she wanted. I knew I was being selfish but I didn’t care, she got to live past 20, I didn’t.

“Morning sunshine.” She hugged me.

“Yeah it’s just fucking peachy” I spat at her. She looked taken aback but then noticed the sad look on Nate’s and Leo’s faces.

“What’s wrong?” she asked worried. “Are you okay?”

“I’m dying.” I stated loud and a few people turned to look at me, pity shown through their eyes. Jamie has silent tears streaming down her face; she took me in a hug and pulled me to the ground.

“But- But you’re a were” she whispered. “How what do you mean you’re dying?”

“I’m not technically dying… but I will before I’m 20” I muttered looking at my hands they were interlaced with my best friend.

The school erupted in quiet whispers then, I could hear everyone telling someone that had missed my declaration of death. I looked up to see Jamie, her mouth was opening slowly but the bell rang before she could ask the question all the were’s at the school wanted to hear.