8. I Move Like Jagger Part 1

There’s a Jock in My Bed!

                                            Chapter 8 - I Move Like Jagger Part 1/2

                      Song of the Chapter: Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera

“Out right defiance, despicable behavior, arson, sneaking out, disobedience and frightening your mother half to death. What do you have to say for yourselves?”

Dad’s voice rose in volume with every word as he questioned us, pacing back and forth and up and down in the room which was eerily silent. Mom just stood there with her hands at her waist and impatiently tapping her feet in a motherly manner.

“Well?” he sneers again, his fatherly tone coming to the forefront.

Our dad isn’t a mean man but one thing he hated was disobedient children. He raised us to respect every adult we came into contact with, even if they were rude to us. It was to teach us respect, and that we had for him.

Evelyn looked at me to answer. Of course she did, she knew if she said something she’d pull us deeper into exile.

“Well we went out on a date.” he gasps loudly, looking at us with even more hostility.

“Now you’re dating one another?!”

Mom snickers and he throws her a look and she clears her throat looking off into the distance.

“No dad, we went on a date with people, not each other. Ev’s gross.”

“Mutual feelings.” She murmurs laughing nervously as dad keeps his eyes on us. Eyes that screams Bloody Murder.

“So you went on dates huh? Well I bet you didn’t expect me to be home tonight. But to make up for this I’m going to meet them.”

Hell No! That’s worse than them strapping me down and making me listen to that Hannah Montana album over and over and over and over….

“I don’t think that’s a great idea dad.” Ev says standing next to me in just as much shock as me.

“And Why is that?” he questions. Now playfully smirking.

“Well I Love you dad but you have the ability to kind of make people want to rip your small intestines out and hang you with them.”

He scoffs and comes closer, folding his arms over his chest. “Name one person that hates me.”

“Jesse, Taylor, Matt, Ashford, Danny, Dylan, Spencer, Peaches.” I say, using my fingers to count.

Evelyn nods and smiles. “There’s also Lady GaGa, that guy from the Pizza Hut, the mail man, that girl scout who you told to shove her cookies up her box, Madonna, grandma…”

He raises his hands cutting her off “Enough! Alright, so I have incurred a few enemies, that is besides the point. Any young man that is going to date my kids will have to go through me first.”

I groaned internally. This is going to be a disaster, just like every other time.

“Actually I and the guy I was with aren’t dating.” Evelyn utters. Her eyes snake over to me with a sly glint in them “However, Evan and his date are a couple.”