12

i was literally about to pass out while writing this because sobrang tiring magwrite.
also this isn't edited so yeah baka may wrong grammar here and there.

Alyssa wakes up in a cold sweat.

She runs her hand across her forehead, and just as she predicts, she was drenched in sweat. The dream had been so vivid, so real, that it had awoken her in a flash.

She looks around her dark room and panics when she notices that Ella is not around. Usually when she wakes up in the middle of the night she'd see her friend lazily sleeping in a corner, but she was all alone now, and her dream had disturbed her so much it actually scared her.

Alyssa presses the button next to her bed, she needed someone around her and she didn't care kahit pa nurse yun. Her dream had disturbed her to a point that she didn't want to be alone. She hugs her pillow and waits.

Dennise walks inside, eyes half open after clearly having been awoken by Alyssa's button. Ly didn't even react, kahit na si den yun she could use all the company she could get.

"Yes Ly? anong problema." Dennise says, her voice was hoarse from suddenly being awoken but it was ly's favorite sound to hear. Parang bata yung boses ni den every time bagong gising siya.

Alyssa doesn't know what to say. She doesn't want to explain why she needed her there, she just wanted her to.

"Ly?" Dennise says again as she sits on the chair next to the bed im concern. Den puts her hand on Alyssa's forehead and checks her temperature.

"Hindi ka naman mainit, okay ka lang ba?"

Tiningnan siya ni ly ng mabuti sa mata, the action causes den to look away a bit.

"Uhaw lang, pwede magpakuha ng water?" Alyssa congratulates herself for her brilliant excuse. Den fetches a bottled water from outside and hands it to her before sitting back down on the chair. Ly could tell that den was not buying her excuse but she was afraid that the girl would leave if she didn't tell her.

"If may nararamdaman ka please sabihin mo sa akin because it's my job to-"

"I had a bad dream." Ly says neutrally, wanting to get it over with.

"-to help you. wait, what?"

"i said i had a bad dream kaya ako nagising at this hour, and i really don't want to be alone so i would appreciate it, dennise, if samahan mo ako till morning na walang further questions. "

den blinks, not fully registering what alyssa had just said. Nanibago rin siya with the way she had said it, she still wasn't used to how cold Alyssa was treating her even though she knows she deserves it.

"Kailangan ko bang ulitin? I had a bad dream okay? So can you stay here?" Alyssa asks, hoping she didn't come off as desperate although she really was.

Den slowly nods, crossing her legs awkwardly as she looks around the room. Alyssa knew things would be awkward but what could she do? Bumabalik nanaman ang mga panaginip niya and she wasn't used to dealing with it alone.

Alyssa lays her head back against the wall and tries to close her eyes, but as soon as she does so, flashes of her nightmare replay itself in her head and the next thing she knows, she's sitting up in a hurry. Napansin naman yun ni dennise and out of reflex, she holds Alyssa's hand, making the taller girl remove it from her grasp.