Chapter 21

Mira's POV:

I sat on a bench, by myself sulking. I was happy for Natsu and Juvia. It was just so unexpected. How long had that been going on? I sighed. Crossing my arms I sat deep in thought. Only when I heard a deep sigh next to me was my concentration broken. Lisanna sat next to me and crossed her arms like I had.

"Hey Lisanna." I greeting in a dull manner. "Hey Mira." she replied in the same tone of voice. We both sighed, "The mission is a bust." we said simultaniously. "What?" we said together again. "You first." I told her.

She took a deep breath, "Lucy confessed to Gray!" she said rushed. I was surprised. I took a deep breath and explained what I saw. She looked shocked as well. We sat there for over an hour sulking. We were happy for our friends, but we felt defeated.

A little while later Gray and Juvia ran up to us. "Guys, you're going to want to see this." Gray said with a giant grin on his face. I sighed and stood up. "What is it?" I asked. "It's a surprise, hurry!" he said grabbing my hand.

I trudged along, still sulking. "Come on! You need to hurry!" He shouted. I picked up my pace a little, Lisanna wasn't far behind me. I could barely see through the crowd but as we got closer to the Sola tree, the crowd thinned.

What I saw next made my eyes widened so much that I thought they would pop out of my head. Under the Sola tree, right in front of me, was Natsu and Lucy. Kissing.

.

.

.

"Kya- mmf!" I was cut off by Lisanna covering my mouth. She dragged me to a nearby bush. I remembered that I didn't want to ruin the moment. As soon as they pulled away. I jumped from the bush. "How?!" I yelled. They looked at me. Their faces went crimson. "Wha-What?" they asked. "I thought you said you loved Gray!" Lisanna yelled at Lucy.

She blushed more. Natsu glared daggers at Gray. "What are you guys talking about?" Gray asked. "I followed you. I heard Lucy ask if it was ok to say that she loved you!" Lisanna yelled at him.

"That's not what happened at all! You see..."

Flashback:

"You wanna sit down Lucy?" Gary asked. "Sure." Lucy said with a neutral expression. Gray sighed, "Ok what's going on." he asked. "I don't know what you're talking about." she replied. "You can't fool me Lucy. I've known you long enough to know you're hiding something." he told her.

She sighed, "Ok but please don't tell anyone!" she begged. "Of course!" Gray smiled. "Ok. Well, I wrote a story. Originally I was just writing off the top of my head, but as I got into it, I realized what I had done." She started. "What did you do?" he aksed. "Umm..." Lucy fidgeted. "I wrote a love story about me and Natsu." she rushed her words. She was looking down and her face was the color of Erza's hair.

"Now I don't know what to do." she said. "What do you mean?" he pressed on. "With a situation like this, can I just come out and say, "I love you"?" she asked him sincerely. "Lucy, all I can say is, tell him." he explained. "Thanks Gray." she stood up and ran off.

End of flashback...

"And that's what happened." Gray explained to us. "Wow, well I feel like an idiot..." Lisanna said embarassed. I turned to Natsu, "What about you? You were telling Juvia how amazing she was, you two looked like you were sincerely enjoying each others company."

Juvia sighed, "Juvia's turn to explain now."

Another flashback:

Juvia was hanging around the guild when she noticed Natsu sulking in the back. "Whats wrong Natsu?" she asked. "Nothing..." he replied. "Natsu, Juvia knows something is wrong. Juvia can help you. That's what friends are for." she smiled at him. He gave a smile of his own, "Well, I've been having this weird feeling around Luce lately. I couldn't tell what it was. Then finally today I figured out what I felt." he explained. "Whats that?" "Love." He said simply.

"I don't know if I should tell her though..." he drifted off. "Don't worry! Juvia will help you! I promise!" she declared.

End of flashback...

"Then, when Juvia snuck into Love-rival's house and found the story, Juvia was obligated to give it to Natsu since Juvia promised." she finished. "And I was so happy afterwards! I was just thanking her. Trust a matchmaker to mess that up" Natsu said bluntly. I glared at him.

"Well then, we screwed up on that didn't we sis? Oh well... Otp!!!!" I yelled. Me and Lisanna held hands and swung in a circle.

Everyone laughed.

After all that we went back to the guild. It was around eleven o'clock and everyone was tired. After all we did it the past couple of days, I was kinda sad to see that the mission was over. But I was all the more glad that they were finally togethet. Then next day me and Lisanna were at the bar washing glasses. I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned to see Natsu and Lucy looking at me. They looked away and chuckled. 'Oh well. Another happy ending!' I thought.

But oh how wrong had I been.

_______________________________________
Dragneel4life(author): I plan on making a sequel soon. I can't wait to write it and I really hope you enjoyed my fanfic XD