Chapter 8

Lisanna's POV:

Today's the day. I rush out of the house and head to the guild. Master was already up on stage, getting ready to announce the king and queen.

"Sorry I'm late!" I rushed over to Mira. "Has he announced yet?" I asked. "Not yet. I think I have a clue on who it might be though." she smirked and we both laughed.

"Listen up! It is time to announce the King and Queen of the parade." we sat in anticipation as Master was getting ready to announce. "The Queen of the parade is... Lucy Heartfilia!" he announced. There was cheering as Lucy stood and yelled a thank you. After the cheering died down, Master continued.

"The King of the parade will be..." the room was tense as he paused. "Natsu Dragneel!" cheering erupted along with some pouts from other men. I turned to Mira and smiled, "Was your "hunch" correct?" She giggled and looked back. "Of course it was."

The parade was set to start in an hour and a half. Mira and I rushed to Lucy, "Ok Lucy, let's get you ready!" Sis said to her as we rushed her to our house so we could get her dressed. "We have a couple outfits that you can choose from. Choose which ever one you like best." Mira smiled.

"Thanks guys!" Lucy giggled. We brought out the dresses and all of them looked magnificent. The festival was held in the spring, really close to the cherry blossom festival. This parade was sort of getting people ready for the flower viewing, so most of the dresses were floral designed.

Lucy rummaged through them. One finally caught her eye. It was a red, long, strapless dress that ruffled sort of like a rose as it went down. It came with red gloves that went to the elbows, as well as a small tiara and rose earings.

We waited while she dressed. Then finally, she stepped out. She looked beautiful! The dress looked amazing on her! Plus the fact that it looked like Cancer had curled her hair.

"Lucy you look absolutely gorgeous!" Mira said. Then, she looked at me and winked. I pulled out my communication lacrima and snapped a photo. Then I sent it to Gray.

To Gray:
Look how amazing she looks! Now, find Natsu a Kings outfit that matches.

From Gray:
Wow, you guys did awesome! I'll try to dress this Pyro - maniac but you owe me.

To Gray:
Fine whatever, just get it done ok?

From Gray:
Alright then.

'Ok, this is just a warm up! The day is just getting started!' I thought.

Gray's POV:

"Ok Flame-Face, we need to get you in a kings outfit for the parade. Here's some costumes I had the guys pick out." I said as I brought out the costumes. "What'd you call me, Ice princess?" he shot back. "You wanna go?" I said rolling up my sleeves... the shirt was gone the next second anyway though. Then I heard a beep from my pocket and we both stopped. I got a text from Lisanna on my communication lacrima (I'm gonna say Lacrima for short).

From Lisanna:
(Picture inserted.) Look how amazing she looks! Now find Natsu a king outfit that matches.

To Lisanna:
Wow, you guys did awesome! I'll try to dress Pyro - maniac but you owe me.

From Lisanna:
Fine whatever, just get it done ok?

To Lisanna:
Alright then

"Ok Ash-brain, change of plans. I'm picking out your outfit." I started walking over to choose. "Wait what? Your gonna dress me in something g stupid! Why do you get to choose?" he whined. "No I'm not. I'm following orders." I replied. "Who's?" he asked.

"Why do you need to know?" I shouted. "Cause I have to wear it. I want to know who's gonna make me!" he yelled back. "Your such a freaking child!"such "What'd you say" he grabbed my shirt and I grabbed his.

Another beep came from my pocket.

From Lisanna:
And no fighting with Natsu.

To Lisanna:
We're not...

From Lisanna:
Yeah right.

To Lisanna:
Whatever. Can I tell him your making me pick an outfit?

From Lisanna:
Is he being that difficult?

To Lisanna:
... Really?

From Lisanna:
-_- fine. Well, I don't owe you anymore! :D

To Lisanna:
Wtf! That doesnt... Whatever.

I put my lacrima in my pocket. "Flame-brain, I just gonna put it strait, Lisanna is the one who's making me choose your outfit." I sighed. "Proof." He pouted. "What?" "I want proof." he crossed his arms. "You've gotta be kidding me. Fine. Fine. I'm too tired to deal with you." I showed him our messages. "Whats that picture?" he said trying to open the picture of Lucy. "Nothing." I said shoving my lacrima in my pocket.

I skimmed through the costumes pulling out all the red ones. "Ooh! Red! Well, at least you chose a cool color Frosty." he said. I sighed again trying not to start a fight. I pulled out a red prince outfit. "Here we go. Wear this." I shoved it at him. "What? I don't want to wear this." he said. "Come on dude." I said back.

"Well, I can see your tired so I'll let you off the hook this time. Plus the fact that Lisanna told you to. So how about I go though that stack you pulled out that's red?" he asked me. "Whatever gets me outta here faster, man." I sat down and let him rummage.

A couple minutes later Dragon - breath jumped up, "Aha! Perfect!" he pulled out a red cloak. It had a darker shade of red at the bottom in a wavy shape. The back had wings made of wire and red cloth. It came with horns and a tail.

"That's a dragon costume dumb ass, not a king costume." I said. "Shut up. I'm not an idiot. Watch this." he put on the horns then reached to one of the other costumes and put the crown on top of his head as well. I looked at him and contemplated.

'It doesn't look that bad.' I thought, I would never say it to him. "Fine put it on and let's see what Lisanna says." I sigh. "Yes!" he shouts. He gets it all on with a black under shirt under the cloak and black pants. The tail was sticking out from under his cloak. His crown sat crooked on his head. I snap a picture and send it to Lis.

To Lisanna:
*sigh* Is this ok?

From Lisanna:
It's not exactly a king. A dragon king works though I guess. It doesn't look that bad.

To Lisanna:
Should we head to the guild to prepare then?

From Lisanna:
Yeah its almost time.

"Ok Slanty-eyes, let's get to the guild." I said. He rushed out the door.

We made it to the guild. The floats were set up outside and would head into town soon. The kings float was in the back. Idiot walked up to his float. Lucy was already on the float and ready for the parade to start.

I looked over to Pyro and he was stopped in his tracks. He looked shocked but shook it off so quickly that I questioned if I saw it all. Then he went to boast about his dragon outfit to Lucy. 'This is gonna be one heck of a festival.'